IRDC Test-N-Tune

Well, that worked out reasonable well, and I thank those responsible.

If I may make a suggestion, it would have been nice (given that PR doesn't see fit to have braking markers) if the same cones that are out during the weekend would be out for a test day, so we're driving with the same visual aids on the test day as we'll have during the race weekend.

Thanks!

Every since 1959 I've ALWAYS been taught NEVER to use cones as brake markers, turn in markers or exit target markers. Chances are very good that next time by or next time on track they may not be there or worse yet, moved a lot.

Although we (workers) make every effort to replace cones between sessions on their little paint dots, it doesn't always happen and we WON'T do it during a session. So beware of the 'cone' reference points. On the other hand I have to admit it's tempting at Pacific because we do a pretty good job of cone maintenance.

I've often thought one of the clubs could spend a weekend out there making 'real' distance markers mounted back from the track.

Better to use a crack in the pavement, a tree or bush, oil stain, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that attended the May Test-n-Tune at PR. It was a great success. IRDC has scheduled the next Test-n-Tune for July 29, 2011, just prior to the German Car Challenge. Hope to have even more cars at that event. Be sure to mark the date on your calender and sign-up on motorsportreg.com. The weather is going to be great! Price is $150 for six session on the track.

Back