IRDC Test-N-Tune

Registration is online for the Friday May 20 IRDC Test-N-Tune at Pacific Raceways. Entry fee is $150. Two run groups, open and closed wheel alternating every 30 minutes. Start is 9:00a finish at 3:30p,12-12:30p lunch. 3 hrs of track time, great deal. Sign up on motorsportreg.com Limited to fully prepared race cars and licensed race drivers. Come out and enjoy the day. Entry fee is for the car only.

Hey Dave, if it is for the car only, well, I can get some Radio Control stuff to run it with, but I might not have much control over it on the back section :)

Rod,
Since you only pay for the car, you can have several drivers share a car if necessary. Radio Controlled cars are not legal in Conference, maybe a rule change for next year?

I always thought we ought to reverse the grid anyway. In fact, I think the ground pounders should be required to be in the back of the pack, driving in reverse! Then, a Jim Rockford turn around and away we go.

Rule change please.

RP

We still have lots of space available for open wheeled cars, this is your opportunity to get a lot of great track time. $150 for the day, a great bargain for 6 sessions of track time. Registration online at mototsportreg.com.

We do allow ICSCC licensed drivers at the Test-n-tune. That would include Novice drivers who hold an ICSCC license.

Dave Bennitt
IRDC Chief Driving Instructor

I believe Lance is correct but I still wonder what does "Limited Space Available" mean? My guess is I will have an answer Friday morning. Right now it looks like 8 open wheelers and 40 hardtops. See everyone there.

I believe Lance is correct but I still wonder what does "Limited Space Available" mean? My guess is I will have an answer Friday morning. Right now it looks like 8 open wheelers and 40 hardtops. See everyone there.
Does that possibly set the stage for splitting the "hardtops" into two somewhat equal performance groups. I for one would give up a bit of total track time for smaller run groups. Weather looks great for Friday/Saturday, but Sunday looks iffy.

-Bill

Yeah, it's going to be a little hard to do actual testing with 40 cars on the track at once. I wonder how many of those 40 are actually "testing and tuning?" :grump:

Last time there were this many cars there was three groups. After the first session the cars on track at one time go down, wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, it's going to be a little hard to do actual testing with 40 cars on the track at once. I wonder how many of those 40 are actually "testing and tuning?" :grump:

Yeah, I'm actually wanting to work on T2 entry speed....exactly how fast can I go in and still maintain car control. I would be bit more reluctant to seek the limits with so many cars....I think maybe I just need to follow someone who is really fast in....any lead dogs willing to show me the way? Also want to do some sway bar adjustments and see how they change things. Should be a great day.

I'm hoping that, if there are very, very few open-wheel cars, that either we'll go to an open track, or otherwise divide into two more even-sized groups. It will be pretty useless as a test day if we have 30 cars out there.

I'm hoping that, if there are very, very few open-wheel cars, that either we'll go to an open track, or otherwise divide into two more even-sized groups. It will be pretty useless as a test day if we have 30 cars out there.

There's the lead dog...mind if I follow you around a bit Mark since you're the 42 man....Glad you're joining us!

Last time things were this full, they split closed wheel into "BMW" and "non BMW" which ended up being a pretty even split of the closed wheel cars in attendance.

Back