IRDC June School/ Test n Tune

IRDC is having a Driver's School on June 16 at the Ridge in Shelton, WA. The School will be divided into four groups: students w/ instructors, HPDE/ Lappers, Open Wheel Test n Tune and Closed Wheel Test n Tune. The cost is Students $265, HPDE $149, Test n Tune $149. If you volunteer and are used as an instructor we will reduce your cost to $99. The School will have four classroom session and 5 on-track sessions. Students will need to be at the track by 7:30 am. We will be on-track from 9:15 am until 5:00 pm. You must sign-up on www.motorsportreg.com. This is a great opportunity to get familiar with the new track, just in time for the IRDC August Race. Don't wait until the last minute to sign-up as each group will be limited to 30 cars.

WOW, great price for the day Dave. I presume the Test and Tune participants (racers) will be broken out of the HPDE/Lapper group at the track since you can't specify via motorsportsreg.com as of this afternoon. CYA then!

Bill-

I've never driven this track. Is it possible to get an instructor for the first session to show me the line and then just do lapping after that? If yes, which group would I sign up for?

Mike....

I've noticed no one has responded to your inquest yet. Both Brian and I have driven the Ridge. Not sure what car you are bringing, but if it is a race car, either of us will be glad to do some lead follow with you...unless someone steps up with different idea. If you are bring a street car, I am sure there will be any number of drivers willing to jump into the passenger seat for some "go there, turn here stuff".

Bill-

I've never driven this track. Is it possible to get an instructor for the first session to show me the line and then just do lapping after that? If yes, which group would I sign up for?

Mike,

I *might* be able to help... I'm trying to wriggle out of a work thing on that day so if I can make it I'd be happy to be a partial day instructor. I can even bring the Solo and the laptop.

In the meantime, watch my video. You will be out there with a very similar car to the CRX so much of this will apply (except for gearing). I think come race weekend the pointy end of the ITA times will be down in the 59's, maybe 58's.

http://youtu.be/UCFXPAfjq0g?hd=1

Test and Tune is available on motorsportreg

I just signed up on Motorsportreg for the Open Wheel Test and Tune. You just need to proceed with sign up and the Test and Tune is there it just isn't in the heading.
Open Wheelers...get those cars out and head to the Ridge on June 16.
Bruce Boyd #52

My Rabbit wont be ready, but Im considering taking the E30 on the track. Its a street car and I would be in the student class. What do I need to check on the car to make its track worthy?

Go to Motorsportreg for Self Tech information

You will need to self tech your car, since IRDC will not offer a refund if you can not pass tech. The information is available on motorsportreg.com. Yes there will be instructors available for the HPDE/ Lapping car but on a limited basis. Students will always have instructor priority. This is a great opportunity to get to know the Ridge and be a leg up on your competition come the August race. See you there.

I still don't understand what the difference is between a Lapper (no instructor) and a test and tune.
Some of you who I would think are TnT people are signed up for Lapping. And the other way around.

Huh?

Bill,

The test and tunes are for race cars only.
We are having some glitches with MSR since we made some changes after it was already up on the site.

Scott

Was not able to "wriggle" so I won't be able to be out. Sorry guys and Mike, good luck in your "new to you" car. The weather looks like it's going to possibly be in the mid 70's and B E A utiful!

Back