IRDC 6 Hour Enduro at The Ridge is ON!

Greg Miller

It was brought to my attention that there are concerns that The Ridge will not be able to have events this year.
In fact IRDC has firm contracts in place and all is going according to plan for the Enduro and the other events this year.
People are perhaps responding to one "driver's school" sending a formal letter to The Ridge stating that they would not be contracting with The Ridge until the "legal dispute" is solved. That was one business decision, not a condemnation of The Ridge interim management.
So the IRDC Enduro is ON.
It is one heck of a bargain at $595 Per Team which includes the Test-N-Tune on Saturday.
With only 19 entries so far there is still plenty of room for teams to enter the event.
We have a number of PRO3 teams, but where are the Miata teams??? Miata is a great enduro car as proven many a time.
It is a 9AM - 3PM race so there is plenty of daylight to pack up and drive home Sunday.
I'll see you there;

Thanks Greg for clarification... We signed up our enduro 944. We know how well these break during enduros so we hope to provide quality entertainment. Kidding of course it's a basic prepped 944 (not quite pro44 or ITS spec) but we are in!!

Heck we just want to have more Miatas so that we don't finish DFL.

:p

Welcome Mike and gang! The Ridge is a great track for 944s, Miatas and Pro3 cars alike. Send around an occasional Porsche to stir things up and you have a great enduro. A sports racer has joined the frey and will be sporting a larger fuel cell than stock. It should be fun for all.

Greg you are right... last year we had some pretty tight battles amongst the three cars and the fast laps showed to be even tighter. (Both SCCA & IRDC races).

Unfortunately for both drivers (Josh M. and Myself) we were eliminated early in the weekend. Friday my motor let go on the 4th or 5th test session (two drivers sharing too!), and Saturday practice Josh's dad was driving... he got rear ended/t boned in the carousel which mangled the car.

Here's to more entries and a great opening race!

Mike...

Come on man...lay off the Miata's ok? Or I'll have to enlist some real hot shoes and kick your butt real good! Not planning on running one of the DB Motorsports cars, but Brian is driving for Jason Raines. I'll have my car out there but only to shake it out during the test and tune after refreshing the head and having a new clutch installed. I did post an enduro thread over on the mazda racers forum hoping to shag some cars from SCCA Oregon. It is a helluva good bang for the buck. IRDC's done a great job putting this together. I don't know why they should not get at least 30 cars for this. 6 hours and the test and tune for $595....I really hope you get to go the entire 6 hours and manage to keep your breakfast where it is supposed to be! HA

Bill-

Cheap shot at Miatas to encourage entries... Only to get a well deserved shot back about breakfast. The most memorable Miata driving experience for me to say the least....

Back