ICSCC Checkered Flag Decal

I'm regretting my slur on Albatross. Who knows what's going on in his/her life?

Bonnie,

Me thinks Albatross's "web speak" comes across as that of a provocateur or contrarian. I suspect if/when you end up in a conversation with him/her in the paddock you'd have a perfectly 'normal' (whatever that is) conversation with him.

If he/she raced at Westwood, he/she has to be over 50 (like me, sic ). And you know us old guys can get a little testy at times :rolleyes:

Will you have your pearls on at the Westwood reunion? Maybe Albatross will say hello :D

Unfortunately, at the time of the Westwood Reunion I'll be lakeside at my sister's cottage in Ontario ... but maybe I'll wear my pearls on the dock! :cool:

I'm really sorry to be missing the reunion. My first year of involvement in motorsports was Westwood's last year as a racetrack. I consider myself very luck to have been able to experience at least one season of that magical place.

Bonnie, I am sorry to hear about your troubles, what a shocker, but it's very good to hear that you are on the mend. We'll be at Mission this coming week-end so please come by for a hug if you make it out there.
Westwood was definitely a magical track, and one of the 'few' benefits of being older is that I was fortunate enough to race there for 17 years before that fateful decision by the provincial government was made. Other than that horrible week-end when we lost Steve Phillips I have nothing but wonderful memories of that track, and I'm sorry to say I will also be missing the 50th celebration in July.
Take care sweetie, see you soon I hope.

Wes

Thanks Wes! I'm feeling great ... in fact today I felt SO great I went for an hour's walk - in the wrong shoes - and now I'm hobbling around with a big blister on the ball of each foot!! Duhhhh ... I've had fantastic support from my family and friends. It's been a steep learning curve and things happened awfully quickly, so I'm still reeling somewhat, but totally positive and grateful.

I'll hunt you down and collect on that hug next weekend!

Boy, talk about hijacking a thread ... Scott, where are you???

:eek:

Too bad I can't add the Westwood track on my GTR2, but my gaming PC is not connected to the internet, and has therefore stayed pristine and uncorrupted for 4 years now.
I wonder, could I download to this PC and then put it on disc and load it into the other one?
Sorry Scott, what were you saying again? Congrats on the win and your first kill sticker.

Wes,

It's an add on track to the basic GTR2 game done by moders. It should be easy to install from a disc. At least with some games, when you DL the track file it's compressed with ZIP or RAR. Just open it up and they often contain an EXE file that will install it properly for you.

GTR2 may be even simpler and all you need to do it put the track in the proper sub-directory.

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=46&sort=name

Westwood is near the bottom. But it looks like you need to "join' the site to DL any of their add on tracks.

LOL I see some familiar names on that page that I used to work with on making tracks. :) If they got converted to GTR2 with any accuracy, there's some neat stuff there.

P.S.
These gaming sites do an EXCELLENT job of maintaining none infected files. In all the years I was involved in mod'ing and working on host sites/forums, NEVER saw or heard of any problems.

Show you what kind of a hair-ball I am. One night I was sitting here and decided to build a mod called the Ferrari Challenge using the 550 model. Did paint jobs from 29 country's for people to run. Decided Bikini Island would be a good place for one of the cars to be from. So I did this paint job... sorta liked this one. I was so 'excited' when I finished, I forgot to put the Bikini Island flag on it! But I did get the Maple Leaf on the Canadian car. :)

Last edited:
Playboy, Trojan and Safety First. Wow, you got that covered!
I will join the site and see what I can do , thanks.

Speaking of checker flags on cars. This would drive Albatross crazy!

Saw this endurance car and decided to put the paint job on a Viper. Bet Randy wish's he had done his like this :)

Speaking of checker flags on cars. This would drive Albatross crazy!Saw this endurance car and decided to put the paint job on a Viper. Bet Randy wish's he had done his like this :)

Wow,
Makes me want to do an MC Escher scheme on my car. Maybe one with the left front wheel well blending into the right rear.

What a bunch of I dont know what I'll call ya. The novice won a race, who cares what race it was.

The answer is YES, they are plastic stickers that are very durable, I have 16 on my trans cover in my RX7 that runs 320 degree trans temps and I can still pull them off and move them to make room for more.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! May you win many more.

Hello friends back from the almost dead. Caught a head cold/virus that really knocked me down but better now.

Thanks for the encouragement, I am just a big 51 yr silver haired kid. When I am having fun I can't conceal it I am just so happy to be in the game.

The sticker in question was from class win in my first upgrade race from novice group. I am going to put it on my car. You never know what will happen in life, I might never get another one.

But even better was the handshake I got from Bart House at Pacific after a race long battle for the novice class win. Great guy, great driver great fun.

Albatross, I don't know who you are but if your at the track please come over an introduce yourself. If your a licensed ICSCC driver I would like to have you be one of my driver interviews in my novice book. Let's see what I can learn from you?
Everything is an opportunity it is all in how you look at it and what you do with it.

Our goals for the season remain the same.
1. Have fun.
2. Try to learn and improve everytime on the track.
3. Finish every lap.

After that everything else is a bonus.

Bonnie glad to hear your getting better. I had some medical challanges last year also.

See you at Mission!

...... Caught a head cold/virus that really knocked me down but better now....

Dang, Scott. Sorry to hear that. Exactly what happened to me on the way home from DND 2 days before the May 2/3 race at Seattle. Knocked me flat in bed for 4 days. Although I'm not an invaluable part of Jeff's racing program, I did have 60% of the stuff he needs at the track.

Glad you're feeling better. And, you did it exactly between races! Good job :)

P.S.
It's the wrong time of year to get bad head colds :)

Last edited:
Bonnie, so sorry to hear about your troubles, take care of your yourself, you are irreplaceable.

Daryl, thanks for you good wishes! As to my being irreplaceable ... well, I think there are a few people who would agree with you ... NOBODY ELSE COULD BE AS BIG A PAIN IN (some folks') BUTT!!! :rolleyes:

I had great fun today in Mission. I drove out at noon with the intention of just saying hi to everyone, but ended up taking over the headset at Turn 3 where I could rest MY butt on the bench whilst watching the action. Not much other than flying cones ... and Rodney wasn't even there!!! ;)

It was invigorating and I had a grin on my face the whole time! I was happy to meet the big kid at the centre of this thread, Scott Norton, and to also collect hugs from my many racing friends. Y'all do this girl's heart (and kidney) a world of good!

Bonnie lass, glad to hear that you're on the mend! I'm sorry that you were dealt such a hand of misery. I don't like to hear that my friends are in pain and are suffering. Lo and I have come to the conclusion that getting old is definitely not for wimps.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Hello Trout! Thank you for the good wishes from you and Lo. I am feeling great, not miserable at all!! I was thinking of you on the weekend, honest to God, because I saw a tee-shirt that said "The whole Trout" (with a picture of a trout underneath), "Nothing but the Trout" (and another picture), then "So help me Cod" (and a picture of a cod to finish it off!) That gave me a chuckle. It just needed one of your trout caps to finish it off!

I'm hoping to make it down for the IRDC race in August. Any chance you'll be escaping the Arizona heat for a trip to the northwest at that time? If so I'll collect a hug in person.

Now, I'm wondering if Scott was able to collect another DEEcal in his Group 4 race at Mission on Sunday? The novice race had a very unfortunate end to it when I was there on Saturday when one of the participants took a very big hit into the tire wall at Turn 5. Thankfully he was okay, but the car was ... not.

Bonnie lass

I'm doing a racing odyessy trip this summer. Dragging the trailer from Tucson to Puyallup to pick up my Crossle. Then east to Spokane for the Conference event there. Pack up and drive east to Wisconsin (Road America, Elkhart Lake) for the F/F 40th Anniversary hoopla. Then back west to Pacific Raceway for the IRDC Conference race. Three race weekends in three weeks with about 6000 miles of road trip sandwiched in between!! Yeah, baby!! That's what I'm talkin' about... ROAD TRIP extraordinaire!!

To make it even better, two good friends are coming along, Kenny Dye and Wes Tipton. Tres Amigos!!

Yessiree, ma'am... I will be there with open arms to get a hug from you! Wild horses couldn't keep me away from an offer like that!

Back