How often do you attend your Club's meetings?

I attend my Club's regular meetings:

• Always or most of the time

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Very rarely or never

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
In this anonymous poll (unless you post a comment, too), I'm curious about everyone's attendance at their Club's regular meetings. Please note this is different from your Club's annual rules change meeting for ICSCC.

Last edited:
I don't live very close to Portland, so have only made a few Cascade meetings over the years. Most of those have been at the track on a race weekend.

I have yet to make an IRDC meeting, although frequently intend to... <insert variety of excuses>.

I'm with BMW CCA so there aren't ""regular" club meetings" but I've been to a couple of events this past year.

Last edited:
I attend 2 IRDC meetings per month, Board meeting and General membership meeting. I volunteered to be secretary some years ago so attend to do the minutes. The General membership meeting minutes are posted on our website for all to read. At the very least our volunteers/drivers should log in and read the minutes to find out what is going on and the decisions that have to be made to insure we have races. Welcome to attend either meeting. Were it not for these meetings your racing would not happen. There are maybe 10-12 people at the Club level that organize and volunteer their time to make sure your racing continues. We have way too many people that just arrive and drive and have no idea what it takes in terms of free volunteer time and resources(dollars) to put on a race. The need for people to volunteer their time is an on going problem, most do it for the love of the sport and nothing else!!
Your poll will yield some interesting results, but will probably be a poll only of those who read the website. The end total number will be interesting.

I have a feeling from the numbers that I am already seing that the people who care enough to follow the forum might have high overlap with the people who care enough to attend meetings.

So while I endorse wholeheartedly the esteemed Mr Boggs message, it may not reach the majority of those it is primarily aimed at. Ive begun to feel somewhat bad for appeals while chairing meetings and appeals here on the forum because they may well be primarily reaching mostly those who already contribute, and in many cases carry the majority of the load ...

So, to those of you who selflessly volunteer to keep us safe and organized and you drivers who dutifully contribute for the good of the sport and your fellow racers - thank you very much and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
I have a feeling from the numbers that I am already seing that the people who care enough to follow the forum might have high overlap with the people who care enough to attend meetings.

Whereas I've felt all along that we'd see the opposite. So far, at least, it looks like we're both right: Basically, it's a 50/50 split of people who go frequently or "always" vs. those who go very infrequently if at all.

Interestingly enough, I think there is a lot of people who may not attend the meeting directly, but do it by proxy.. Our club (TC) has their meetings on Wednesday evenings, and sometimes, that's hard for people to make regularly, and some people are not "meeting" people (like others are not "forum" peoples.) I can understand that.. But those that do attend will often times talk with those that don't attend or frequent the forum, and the message does get to them.

For instance, there was another discussion about rule changes, and while the numbers for attendance may be low for rule change meetings, I guarantee that almost every PRO3 driver knew what rule changes were being voted on in their club and at the E-board.

Maybe it's best that not all of the members attend, have you ever seen a largely attended meeting? It either takes on the appearance of a Key Note speech, or turns in to a social cocktail hour because everybody decides to talk at the same time. That is where other communication comes in handy: mass email, newsletters, meeting minutes, the website..etc. These help to get the message out to the ranks, along with those "participators" that can spread the word.

Make sense?

I'm a Club member who races, not a racer who has to belong to a club.

And that right there is the suspicion I have and which is part of the reason I created this poll: The "older" racers/volunteers in Conference (whether that means older in age or simply long-time) seem more likely to have that perspective than the "younger" racers/volunteers, especially when it comes to Conference folks that are on the forum and likely to participate in this poll in the first place.

Hello All and Happy New Year.
I would like to second Pauls comment, We need more club members to participate in all aspects of the club, and helping to put on races. As in most volunteer organizations 10% of the members do 90% of the work. We struggle at times to achieve 25 members at our meetings in order to have a quorum so we can vote on club business. These are usually the same faces we see. We have tried moving our meeting venue to accommodate members living further out of town. This worked initially but then quickly dropped back to the usual attendees. We are now experimenting with an on line feed of the meetings in an effort to increase participation. hopefully this will increase club participation.

R Stec
VP operations SCCBC

Back