How many races is too many?

There are typically multiple causes to a given incident, the larger delta would likely become a contributing factor especially when first implemented.

I doubt it because while you might think people would be more aggressive they might also be more "responsible" knowing that their points are worth more and a DNF would hurt even more than it used to. Right now it's all theoretical as we have no existing data that I know of to suggest otherwise. Once again. If a larger delta was implemented I'm sure it would be a topic of discussion during the drivers meeting to remind all us that this is just amateur racing and at the end of they we're all just monkeys beating our chests.

I was thinking more along the lines of within the same class where there are very few entries at some events. I think both of these issues go away if you compete in a well subscribed class. Maybe we should just make our class better subscribed.

How would you do this without having 2 different points systems in the rule book? The initial problem I see is that racers can't "pre-plan" their season because what's the motivation to go race at a low-entry event if you know the points aren't going to be there and how would you know which event will have low turn out until right before the event?. In ITA, if 5 cars showed up for a weekend you would get less points for winning then if 25 ITA cars showed up? I think this could influence racers to stay away from tracks/races in the season that have lower entries to begin with or cancel their entries right before the event if they see that the entry list is short which would not be good for the clubs.

I absolutely think we need to make our class better subscribed. How do we do that?

1 point for getting through registration, and tech (-1 point for every subsequent class change). 1 point for qualifying (-1 point if you don't go to scales), then another point for improving your time, and position on the second qualifying. 1 point for taking the green flag of the race. 1 point for leading your class for at least two laps in the race.

-1 one point for forgetting to turn in your rental transponder.

All other points achieved as per current system.

New thread. "How many points are too many?"

Or I may be missing the point entirely.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek, here.

Last edited:
Can anyone please post the tentative race schedule for 2011???

Or is it top secret stuff that only a few have knowledge of ….

Thank You,

turn left at turn # 1

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro A/S Oregon

Can anyone please post the tentative race schedule for 2011???

Or is it top secret stuff that only a few have knowledge of ….

Thank You,
turn left at turn # 1

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro A/S Oregon

like this?
April 10: PR Enduro (4 hour)
May 14-15: PIR
May 21-22: PR
May 28-29-30: ORP (Memorial Day weekend Double)
June 11-12: PIR
June 25-26: Mission
July 15-16-17: Spokane (Triple!)
July 30-31: PR
Aug 13-14: PIR
Sep 3-4-5: Mission (Labor Day weekend Double)
Sep 17-18: ORP
Sep 24-25: PR
Oct 15: Cascade Enduro (8 hour)

I really hope the final schedule is dramatically different -- The first 4 race weekends (points races) are within 5 weeks!

I am sure the Doernbecher will happen, just the date moved to August.

I see what you mean Kyle, Bob Smethers sent me a preliminary calendar with ICSCC , SCCA, and Chump Car for 2011 and it looks like SCCA and CSCC are putting on the Doernbecher Aug 12th 13th 14th.???

I wonder if the new track will be finished at SRP for the triple race weekend??

Good Greeef, there are 5 weekend with no racing... what will we do.......

Last edited:
SCCA and CSCC putting on Doernbechers? I have not heard anything about that. That will be a subject of conversation I am sure.

Im economically retired for now, sponsors are all bankrupt, my regional office may close in Feb but I have found this debate rather enlightning and amusing at the same time. In the 1976 my brother and I ran 75 races a year on the way to a pacific coast championship title, won 45, mar to nov. by mid season half the true contenders had dropped out of racing 4 nights a week and ran just their home tracks, season ended with three cars running that schedule, all races counted, some were double points randomly. My point is no one is "entitled" to be a champion, it takes hard work, determination and dedication. its laughable that if only 10 races were held a champion would be named that ran only 5 races. I think there is too much political correctness going on. I have finished 11th and 15th in points and deserved it, I didn't earn better. In 07 I raced 10 of 12, hate racing in rain, didn't want to risk the car, the two I skipped were mission and seattle 99% rain forcast or I would have ran both, someone willing to run the 12 should have beat me. Add the races, count them all, designate your champions. I'll go back to lurking again till the economy pickes up

Last edited:
Daryl, if you are taking a bit of a break this season we certainly would welcome you to volunteering with us.
You only need a good sense of humor and realllly comfortable shoes.
Come on out with the start of the season in Seattle for the Enduro April 10th.

Im economically retired for now, sponsors are all bankrupt, my regional office may close in Feb but I have found this debate rather enlightning and amusing at the same time. In the 1976 my brother and I ran 75 races a year on the way to a pacific coast championship title, won 45, mar to nov. by mid season half the true contenders had dropped out of racing 4 nights a week and ran just their home tracks, season ended with three cars running that schedule, all races counted, some were double points randomly. My point is no one is "entitled" to be a champion, it takes hard work, determination and dedication. its laughable that if only 10 races were held a champion would be named that ran only 5 races. I think there is too much political correctness going on. I have finished 11th and 15th in points and deserved it, I didn't earn better. In 07 I raced 10 of 12, hate racing in rain, didn't want to risk the car, the two I skipped were mission and seattle 99% rain forcast or I would have ran both, someone willing to run the 12 should have beat me. Add the races, count them all, designate your champions. I'll go back to lurking again till the economy pickes up

As I read this, only 1 thought came to mind:

THIS IS....SPARTAAAA!!!!!

THIS+IS+SPARTA.jpg

Back