HONDA CHALLENGE returns to Mission

cdoodson

Great news- THE HONDA CHALLENGE will once again be returning to Mission on the September 19 - 20 th CACC race weekend - ( Children's Charities Grand Prix Weekend ) The weekend will have 2 sprint 20 minute races- (One on Saturday and one on Sunday) I would like to try and break the Honda record and get over 28 cars for this race. So far we have about 20 cars confirmed for this.

We will be trying to get some local sponsors once again so the Honda/Acura guys get a little something extra. Which includes tow fund for out of town guys.

The Childrens Charity weekend was a great weekend last year and I think that the Honda Challenge will be a good addition.

We have yet to get a Honda/Acura from the USA to any of our Honda Challenge races. I can assure you that if you have a Honda/Acura, these two race's will be full of non stop action whether you are in front or near the back

Please contact me with questions or comments

THANX

Chris Doodson
Honda Challenge director
cdoodson@shaw.ca

Oh crap, I don't think I can get my passport in time... I will have to stop by tomorrow and see what the time frame is. Maybe I can get the new "special" license that allows me to cross.

Definitely go to one of the designated licensing offices and get the enhanced license to cross the border. My brother didn't have time to get a passport so he went that route. No problems at the border.

Sure, a Washington State Driver Licensing office will still waste some of your time but you can get one in time for that race, no problem.

Isn't the enhanced Washington license the one with the chip in it Rick? Something about being monitored by the government that reminds of George Orwell's book '1984'. Big brother is definitely closing in, and it doesn't appear that it will get any better anytime soon.

Or if you have an expired Passport, not too old, you can get a new one through the passport agency in Seattle. They are running about 3 days out for appointments and it will cost you $135 or so plus parking. A good thing too, as I looked at my passport 4 days before the Edmonton race and OMG it was 3 months expired. :eek: Since I was flying I couldn't go with the chipped license. It took 2 trips to town 3 hours apart, one to file the form and photos (the form can be filled in online and printed) and once to pick up the finished passport.

If you're concerned about the RFID, both the EDL's and Passports have them, however the passport RFID chip is supposedly safer/more secure vs the EDL which requires a protective sleeve to hide the signal.

See article from ACLU:
http://www.aclu-wa.org/library_files/EDLvPassport_12_07.pdf

If you want to go to another country (legally) you're going with an RFID chip whether you like it or not. The question is, which chip would you prefer?

How many people keep their EDL's in that sleeve though?
Our nexus is ALWAYS in the sleeve as we were told that it can be read if you don't, and who knows what the hell info is in that little dot?
Kinda scary in this day and age with ID theft and such, but it's what you gotta do if you want to be neighbourly.

Back