Group 3

blandt

OW Racer
I was unable to make it to Pacific and will not be at ORP this weekend. Getting my head back later this week after damaging it at the Rose City Opener on the 2nd lap of Saturday practice. How did the weekend at Pacific go for Group 3?

Tim Bland
84 Anson SA4

From what I remember, Michael Lensen won over all.
Really really good racing with the Fords. They just kept swapping positions. I think Hepburn took the position for CF maybe??
Bit of contact with a FM and CF at Turn3.
I believe Nicholas Belling broke the 1:20 mark with his Stohr this weekend. (1:19:0065?) He was just bloody flying.

Hopefully some of the O/W's will chime in for what I missed or for corrections. I only have the perspective from being at 3B.

....I believe Nicholas Belling broke the 1:20 mark with his Stohr this weekend. (1:19:0065?) He was just bloody flying.

That IS a new FB lap record previously held by Kyle Oberndorf at 1:20.516

But they are both have a LONG way to go to equal Mark Jaremko in the Stohr D/SR at 1:16.477.. whew!

With continuing development I can envision a FB eventually taking the overall lap record... But, they are restricted (compared to D/SR) in the engine department. Plus you have to rememberr Jaremko is just an insanely good driver.

Nice going Nicholas. You get another shot at it this weekend too :) :)

Last edited:
J. R Osborne on Friday in a Stohr did a 1:20 something. Nick is the West Coast Dealer for Firman FB cars and was driving a Firman for his 1:19

Back