Friendly Reminder from the CSCC Safety Team

TRUNK MONKEY

Don't run over the tow strap. OR ELSE

Love the CSCC Safety Team Monkeys
Rooster and Adam

Last edited:
Just put that thing away before you hurt yourself.

Ya know? We work so hard to present the right image, and then somebody let's 'em outta their trunk.

Does the safety crew require that you have tow hooks on your race car even if you don't need them? (added weight) Do they know how to put out an engine fire on my car when there is no access? I'll have my people contact your people.

Has anyone seen my driver?

GTM,

No problem-o. We as in ICSCC have what is in all likelihood the FINEST safety/rescue crews west of the Mississippi along with very skilled turn workers. You do not want to see them in action. But once you do, you'll appreciate them.

page 47 1113. Recovery Equipment – Towing Eyes. All cars without an exposed roll bar
shall have a towing eye or strap, front and rear, to be used for flat-towing or
hauling the vehicle. The towing eyes or straps shall be of sufficient size and
design to withstand the stress exerted during towing or recovery without
deformation and shall have a two (2) inch inside diameter. The towing eyes
or straps shall not dangerously protrude from the bodywork while the car is
racing. These towing eyes or straps shall be securely bolted in place and
easily accessible without removal or manipulation of bodywork or other
panels.
A. Cars requiring specialty towing equipment (eg, a “claw” for Legends
racers) shall present that equipment to the Race Chairman before the
first on-track event of the day, and the equipment shall remain with the
emergency crew throughout the duration of the event. (Fall 2009)

As well as well marked helps to.

Also if the loop is removable please have it ready to be used. (And not cable tied in the trunk like one driver did.)

Adam Jacobsen
TPFD Trunk Monkey
CSCC Safety Team

You should get the decals with the arrows that say "PUT OUT FIRE HERE". I think Armadillo Racing has them. If they don't, they should. Every little bit helps.

We have the tools to fashion our own tow loops, front and/or rear, using parts of the car itself. So if they are not provided, we should be capable of recovering your expensive race car effectively.

If there are any other potential safety dysfunctions with your vehicle, please present them to the Steward of your Meet, who may contact a local Safety Marshal to assist you.

Enjoy your race.

Thanks, for the info on the decals "put fire out here". that is exactly what I am looking for! As for exposed roll bars? We never let our bars go around exposed!

See you at the races,

RM

Does the safety crew require that you have tow hooks on your race car even if you don't need them? (added weight) Do they know how to put out an engine fire on my car when there is no access? I'll have my people contact your people.

Has anyone seen my driver?

Never fear Richard, I am good and tuned up after a weekend at Thunderhill.

Never mind what Norton says, I will be there on time.

BTW, what day is the enduro on?

RP

Back