Formula Cars wanted for Bill Hill Celebration of Life on August 2 in Olympia

michael_conatore

I love endurance racing!
Hello ICSCC Formula/Open Wheel racers,

As you probably know by now, we lost a fellow racer and a very fine man on June 18. Bill Hill died as a result of an accident at the fireworks company where he worked near Olympia.

Bill had a very long racing career, nearly 50 years in fact! During his long racing career, Bill drove many different types of race cars, including several formula/open wheel cars. Bill's wife Pat has said that the family are planning to have Bill's #73 red and yellow Dodge Colt at his memorial. We also have an opportunity to display several other cars of the kinds Bill drove.

I know Gail posted information about Bill's Celebration of Life, but I'll repeat it here anyway. It will be held on Saturday, August 2 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM at the Olympic Flight Museum, 7637-A Old Hwy 99 SE, Olympia WA 98501; Tel. 360-705-3925; Please RSVP to BHillMemorial@comcast.net.

Pat has asked if there are any FF, FB, or FA drivers who would like to bring their car to the Celebration of Life as a display and remembrance of Bill's love of racing. There is room for up to 4 more cars at the museum. She needs to let the museum know by 7/29 if there will be other cars displayed during the Celebration of Life on 8/2.

If you are interested in displaying your car in honor and memory of Bill, please reach out to Pat at BHillMemorial@comcast.net and please also copy me at mconatore@yahoo.com and I will help to coordinate, as I am sure Pat has her hands quite full with organizing the Celebration.

If you have pictures you would like the family to try to share at the celebration, please leave those items at BHillMemorial@comcast.net.

Here is one more link that I thought was a very nice remembrance of Bill:

http://www.pyrotech.com/

I hope to see you there on 8/2.

Sincerely,
Mike

My car would be there Mike, if I still had, but I will ask around and see if I can recruit any of our guys.

Any takers for this small gift to Bill's family in his memory? I'll bring the Subi just to have another race car there....

Back