For anyone living north of Kirkland and heading to Pacific raceway this weekend

FFRSpec72

405 between Northeast Eighth Street in Bellevue and SR 520, from 11 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23, until 4 a.m., Monday, Sept. 26 is closed due to bridge demolition.

Last edited:
Looks like only northbound affected - so we should be able to use it for the trip down from BC?

Closure information

• Northbound I-405 will close from NE Eighth Street to SR 520 from 11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, to 4 a.m. Monday, Sept. 26.
• Several northbound ramps in Bellevue will close and signed detours will be in place.
Southbound I-405 will be open to traffic all weekend.
• Bellevue is open for business during the northbound freeway closure. Northbound exit ramps will be open as far north as NE Eighth Street.

During the closure, Atkinson Construction crews working for WSDOT will connect new ramps to I-405 and SR 520 from downtown Bellevue and northbound I-405. Crews will also take advantage of the freeway closure to accomplish other work to minimize future disruptions to traffic.

Hmm.. Is this in the normal route from PR to BC? What's the best way to avoid it on the way back, Sunday night?

Another way to get to PR from up north is take the Hwy 2 exit east to Monroe - then head south thru Monroe and Carnation and that small town just before Hwy 90 - then head east on 90 for a few miles, and then take Hwy 18 south to the track exit. Great way to avoid the peak traffic times and have a scenic drive.

Robert Barg

Back