Fire system tubing and connectors

anthonyk

Giant Killer Racing
Hi All,

I am getting ready to do some cage and paint work on my car and as part of the tear-down I need to pull out the firesystem. It is a Lifeline 2000 and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the connectors.....:confused:

fitting1.gif

Are these single use or is there a way to remove them without damage?

Thanks

Anthony

Sometimes you have to push the tubing in while pushing in on the outer ring in order to release the grip on it. Then you can pull the tubing out.

Anthony, try using an open ended wrench that fits the diameter of the ring/collar to apply fairly equal pressure to the ring for release.
Use the ball of your thumb to press on the wrench right by the ring/collar.
I've used very similar fittings (Johh Guess fittings) on liquor lines for bar equipment.

And yes sometimes you need to push the line in, while applying pressure, before you can pull it out just to slack off on the friction fit.
Warm water won't really work.

Hope that helps.

Sounds like the trick is some combination of "push"/"pull".... "hunt"/"peck" till you find the right combination.

When you reassemble, keep Lynn's liquor out of the system. That stuff is flammable on occasion!

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

thanks for everyone's help and advice. The open end wrench tip did the trick.. Thanks.
Anthony

Back