Fast pro-motored ’95 Spec Miata for sale or trade for a street car

SOLD - Fast pro-motored ’95 Spec Miata for sale or trade for a street car

SOLD

This is a fast, reliable money-is-no-object build which has been scrupulously maintained between races by Chase Race. This car has been driven by an average driver to many race wins and the 2008 SCCA Northwest Region Spec Miata class championship.

Here’s a summary of the build:
  • Pro motor built by MEATHEAD Racing / SMAC member Mike Collins – last dynoed at 120.68 hp in 2009 with full-tread tires, pump gas, and no fuel pressure regulator; I expect it will dyno higher with the now-legal regulator
  • AEM / Flyin’ Miata fuel pressure regulator
  • Springfield Dyno three pass radiator
  • Springfield Dyno exhaust
  • Stock gauges replaced with an AiM MyChron 3 XG LOG data acquisition system with sensors for car speed, engine rpm, lateral and longitudinal acceleration (Gs), oil temperature, oil pressure, water temperature, datalogger temperature
  • Rumblestrip Racing DLT2 predictive lap timer
  • Torsen differential
  • 4 puck ClutchNet clutch disc
  • Green air filter
  • Applied Racing Technologies blueprinted front hubs
  • Spec Miata suspension kit
  • Fat Cat Motorsports top hats
  • MiataCage weld-in roll cage with NASCAR door bars on both driver and passenger sides, plus extra bar welded in for mounting the right-side net
  • Safety Solutions Kevlar right-side net
  • Ultrashield seat
  • Rebuilt brake calipers front and rear
  • Rebuilt brake master cylinder
  • Carbotech XP10 brake pads front and rear
  • De-powered manual steering rack
  • 4 Applied Racing Technology / D-Force wheels
  • 8 Kosei K1 Racing wheels
  • MiataCage aluminum wheel spacers – maximum legal width allowed in combination with the Kosei K1 wheels
  • One set of squared-off Toyo RA-1s
  • Long studs front and rear
The car still has a working heater and removable window glass, and is currently registered for street use. It comes with a current SCCA log book.

Some of the body panels are slightly wrinkled from the standard fender rubbing. The damage is cosmetic only – the car drives perfectly. The harness in the car has also expired, and will need to be replaced.

I've dropped the price to $9500 firm, which is a painful amount less than what I paid to build it. I’d prefer to sell the car outright, but I’d consider trades for street vehicles of similar value.

The car’s located in Seattle, Washington. I can be reached at stephen-hui-at-live-.com minus the dashes, or 425.761.3148 (text messages preferred).

Thanks for looking!

342468894.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck with the sale Steve. If you r totally getting out of w2w racing, I will miss your videos. They were the best. I guess you must be enjoying your S2000......

Bill-

Dropping the price by $1000 to $12900.

Note that the motor in this car is stronger that the dyno number suggests. I've run the car at both national and regional events, and never felt down on power compared to anyone else. Case in point: watch me motor past just about everyone I'm up against in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il4PTQNghIQ#t=01m37s.

Note also that I'm very willing to entertain partial or complete trades for street-legal vehicles of any sort.

Bill, thanks for the compliment. If the car sells, I'll likely take a break from road racing for a few years, but I'm hoping to make the Conference race at Pacific at the end of September if the car hasn't sold by then.

Last edited:
Ok, it's time to get serious. I've dropped the price by more than $3000 to $9500 firm. This is an outrageous deal for a car that could run up front at any event short of Runoffs, and which comes with both a pro motor and a data system -- scoop it up now before I get cold feet again. I can be reached at stephen-hui-at-live-.com minus the dashes, or 425.761.3148 (text messages preferred).

Back