EP vs EIP

djhedges

I'm kinda confused as to the difference between EP and EIP classes?
Does SCCA EP == ICSCC EIP?
And ICSCC EP != SCCA EP?

SCCA EP == ICSCC EIP - YES
ICSCC EP == SCCA EP - NO

ICSCC EP is Conference E Production. This was a very popular class a long time ago but now sees very few entries. The rules are listed in Section 1402 of the ICSCC Competition Regulations. There is A through G Production and is based on stock factory horsepower and a weight:horsepower ratio to determine which class. Conference Production allowable modifications are very similar to SCCA Improved Touring but there are a few modifications that are legal for Conference Production and not for Improved Touring and a few the other way.

My next question is how does one display the class they're racing in if the car is built for EIP and they want to run that in SCCA races as well? Just cover up the "I" for SCCA races? Or does SCCA understand what EIP is?

Not sure if SCCA understands what EIP is but most drivers racing SCCA EP in the Northwest would likely know. I think covering up the "I" for SCCA races would probably work but it's more of a question for SCCA to answer. I've also seen some cars display both EP and EIP on their cars.

Back