Doing Fine

fly2low

For those interested, car is history, but I am doing fine. A little banged up, but will be OK. Not only can I name every muscle in the body, but today and for the next few, I can feel them.
My wife went to the track on Sunday to pick up my truck. You guys really impressed her by your show of concern and caring.
Thanks to Scott for coming around to the hospital and for taking care of the trailor. Thanks to Hank for taking care of car. If anyone knows the names of those who extracted me from the car, I would like to thank them.

Glad to hear you're doing OK Rich, that was one hell of a ride. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Rich There is really no need to 'thank' those that pulled you out of the car. You have just thanked us by letting us know that you are ok and are on the mend. Belive it when I say that this is NOT the way we on the safety team like to meet our drivers. That is why we are there. To help drivers that have a bad session.

Take care be careful and come back in better shape.. Dave, Doug, Randy, Mike, Anthony, Lisa, Bret and others. God bless

Rich, I as a turn worker, always hate to see that happen.
From what I hear though, your safety equipment and car prep did what it was supposed to do. Make sure you build your next one the same way.
Glad you are OK.
Take care.

Gah... the first ST car to bite the dust. That sucks, but it's good to hear you're okay. The pictures from the Spokesman-Review site are pretty distressing, but do support Lynn's comments about your car build and safety equipment.

First and foremost we're glad to hear all is well, your safety equipment worked as and the corner workers were there for you which in such situations adds a large measure of relief. As for the broken heart over the damaged car, there's not much we can say so we'll leave it at hurting with you over that.

Jim
"Nice Guy Jim Racing"

Rich, Glad to hear that you are doing well. Relax, recline & recover , we hope to see you back racing in the near future. If you need anything, please give a shout.

I'm glad to hear you are going to be ok Rich. I look forward to seeing you at the track again in the future. Take care.

Gah... the first ST car to bite the dust. That sucks, but it's good to hear you're okay. The pictures from the Spokesman-Review site are pretty distressing, but do support Lynn's comments about your car build and safety equipment.

Yeah, the picture was a little distressing. But it does show quite clearly that with all the damage, the cage held up to do its job and protect the driver.

The same picture was in the Sunday paper, with a smaller picture underneath it of Rick Bostrom on pregrid in his car - a very nice shot. I tried to get an autograph from him on Sunday morning, but his entourage turned away fans. LOL.

Rick, very glad to hear you are okay. I understand you do use a HANS device, which I am sure helped greatly. Like Lynn said build your next car like as good as this one.

Thomas

So glad you are okay! Proves that putting safety gear at the top of the priority list is a smart thing and that paying your cage builder well is worth it!
It was horrifying to watch your accident. We were very glad to hear that you had no serious injuries! Hope you feel better quickly.

I was part of the response team on the roll back truck and it hurt to see your car but I was sure glad you were responding and its even better to hear you're ok. Cars can be replaced,and good safety equipment is priceless so you can come out again to race. I noticed you had Hans, left side and center nets and good seats.

Glad you're doing ok, Rich. Like everyone else has said, the car was a mess, but the passanger compartment, with the "most valuable" stuff in it, was in good shape. Hang in there, and we all hope you feel 100% soon.

Dan

One of the people I called today was the builder of my cage. I got the car pretty well converted to racing form. One of the few things I did was have the cage beefed up and the right sided net put in. I never bothered to read the rule book about HANS requirements, because I knew I was going to use one regardless. Without one, I would not be writing this today.
Again, thanks to all the safety crew. If I don't thank you personally when I see you, please understand as I have complete amnesia of the event up until being in the hospital.

You know, based on the pictures, video, and eyewitness stories I've heard, I'm thinking that Rich's user name on this board is maybe a little too apt. :D

I don't know you Rich, but as a racer I am very pleased to hear you are OK. I had a good friend watch it unfold and he said it is nothing short of amazing that you are not more injured more severly. I hope you recover quickly and I get a chance to race with you in ST.

Back