Data Seminar at PR race

epsdan

James Colborn and I will be doing another data seminar on Saturday, at ProFormance's classroom (courtesy of Don Kitch), about 30-45 minutes after the enduro on Saturday. We've done these for the PRO3 guys, and more recently in Spokane with both PRO3 and ST folks attending, but all are welcome.

We'll be working mostly with the AIM (dashes or Solo's), as that's what most people have, but I can do some MoTec data too, if you are interested.

What do you guys want to see - More basics? More "real data/how to go fast/cause and effect"?

Let us know (1) if you think you're coming, and (2) what you want to see. This is a no charge thing.

If you want pizza etc., let us know. We did that in Spokane, and just covered it with donations.

dan

This sounds great! I'm interested in attending and I'd be glad to pitch in for some pizza. I'm interested in the real data, what to do with it to help you go faster, and seeing the cause/effect.

Dan and James,

Thanks so much for you wisdom and insight into the AIM data. I learned a LOT and hopefully can take this and make the driver faster. This is the core of club racing - racers giving back to other racers!! Great job guys!!

Dan and James-
Thanks for the seminar. I appreciate you taking your time to help all of us get better. I certainly learned some good stuff in the lap comparisons and I was able to use it to improve on Sunday.
At first looking at the data on screen kinda reminded me of the Matrix - just lots of lines, numbers and noise. But you guys were like Neo and Morphious(sp?) deciphering it. Well done...:)

and I was able to use it to improve on Sunday.

Yeah - that was not a really good idea - as if you needed to get any faster ... :smile:

Seriously, though - a rising tide raises all the ships. We'll all get better/faster by pushing each other. I'm all good with that!

The seminars are fun to do. We should look at PR data next time we get together. I'm betting (Jerold may or may not agree) that you're either running higher downforce, or had better rubber that race. I was pretty close to the limit of the car (and sometimes past the limit of the driver), but you were just killing me in the corners. I think with the relatively slick surfaces at PR (especially T3B and T8), midcorner out grip is huge.

Now, do I get to be Neo, or Morpheus?

dan

Back