Crossing the border

s2europa

Hi,

The race in Mission this weekend will be my first time across the border for a race in more years than I care to or can remember. Is there anything special I'll need to do in preparation to cross other than bringing my passport?

Thanks,
Dan

Passport and an honest face! Best bet is to google search it and find the appropriate US State Dept web site. Some folks have had issues crossing the border with full vehicle searches, but I haven't had such issues in the many times I've gone to Mission and back. And that's with an enclosed trailer. Crossing at Sumas, WA around the race weekend, you won't be the first person to answer "Racing!" when asked why you're entering Canada. They're pretty used to seeing race rigs of all sorts through there.

Getting into Canada is the easy part, it's getting back to your own damn country that can sometimes be a problem. :(

Passport
Speed limits are in KPH
Gas stations provide fuel in liters, not gallons...the usual stuff

Mission is a fun track, so prepare to have fun! :D

Also remember our Safeways dont sell beer. You have to go to a government liquour store or a beer and wine store.

Right Bruce.

A Washington State EDL will also get you between border crossings if you don't want to bing a passport

>>Some folks have had issues crossing the border with full vehicle searches, but I haven't had such issues in the many times I've gone to Mission and back.<<

Ditto.

Although I've been told I could pass as a Middle Eastern type, I have never had any issues going or coming back from Canada.

I have heard all the weird stories and I have always wondered as to why I've never had any problems. I believe humor conquers all.

When dealing with Canadian customs, I always tell them that I am going to Mission to race and to feed the mosquitoes.

When coming back to the U.S., I always ask them if they missed me very much; besides, ........................ my passport is as thick as a Tom Clancy's novel so, ............................ I have a long history of scrutiny.

J.C.

I was stopped going into Canada last time. Had to go inside and answer a few questions. They didn't preform a search or anything. Delayed us by maybe 20 minutes, wasn't a big deal.

Back