Corner Workers desperately needed this weekend

holly_remington

The Pros From Dover
Hello All - Even if I assign all the people I "think" are coming, I'm drastically understaffed this weekend. Now I pray even those regulars come!

Hopefully some of you can give me a weekend. It's much easier for us if we have you for a full day, but, I can work with 1/2 days too.

Please if you can, bring some whites and come and volunteer. I will be most appreciative.

Last count has the entries for 7 groups at 189 entries! WooHoo!!!!

Here’s what I know. Entry will be through the west end gate, through turn 8. Come in, cross the race track at turn 8 and come to the base of the pro-paddock tower. We’ll have the following morning meeting times:

Friday at 7:45 a.m. Saturday at 7:30 a.m. Sunday at 8:00 a.m.

Adam & the Safety Team will have a Fire School for us at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, west side of the tower. If you haven’t already used a Fire Bottle, this will be a great opportunity to give it a try! I encourage you all to be early on Sunday for this training.

Katie & Ruth are sure to have something delightful for us for lunch on Frday. For the weekend, $5.00 giftcards will be provided in lieu of lunch. Social at the end of each day with beverages. Thanks.

Holly, you got 4 (that I know of) from the great white north coming, or are we already on the under-staffed list? Thomas I will be there to help out on the Friday as well.

Thanks, Lynn. Yes, I'm actually counting on 6 Canadians, that I have fairly good intel on coming down. That's including all of you :(, Yikes. But, that's good news I wasn't counting on you and Thomas for Friday! Yeah!!!! You made my day!!! Thanks, Holly

Holly- I hope any novice and Area drivers who read this will remember that they can be the "Swiss Army" in a situation like this. We obviously need more workers and our new and newer drivers need to fullfill thier work requirements. This is the time to step up and volunteer.

We need young ones too. Last weekend I was the baby on the corner at age 58! some of the folks working with me were over 70.

Holly or Lynn,

Where might I find your contact #? I have a friend in Vancouver, WA who is interested in working a corner on Sunday but would has some questions and I don't know what direction to point him in.

You can send me a PM via the forum or email me at colin dot koehler (at) live dot com.

Thank you!

I would strongly encourage anyone with an interest working a corner, or who knows of someone who is, to go to http://rod.icscc.com/. Among other things, there is contact information for ROD reps from each club who can get you pointed in the right direction.

Back