Conference Safety Team

robjacobsen

The Pros From Dover
Just an idea here that I'm throwing out to see what people think. Conference has 5 clubs hosting its events. Portland and Mission both have some nice trucks, tools and people to respond to crashes. IRDC is working towards doing the same. ORP and Spokane have the issue of not having enough events and income to buy the necessary trucks and tools. Perhaps it is time for Conference to set up its own traveling safety team. Sharing the trucks and tools would improve things greatly. It may not be possible to send the trucks north of the boarder, but it might be possible. With some financial assistance, the experienced crews could be enticed to travel to the more distant races. What would it cost? The cost of trucks, insurance, maintenance, transportation, housing, etc. How do you feel about racing where the safety equipment is substandard? Just how advanced should the equipment be? Just what level of training would be requested/required of the people using the equipment? Would a $10 increase cover the costs? Food for thought, so let's hear some thoughts?

I think the Conference is better without the associated liabilities. Each club grows to it's own capabilities to meet responsibilities.

I stand firmly on the necessity of each club to acquire and maintain sufficient equipment to provide for the safe and efficient operation of true quality in a championship series event however amateur. And you just keep the faith that the operations maintain some consistency from season to season.

Speaking of consistency, we can thank The Ridge for laying down fog lines.

Back