Chicane Challange Thank You's!

Us Legends drivers once again had the time of our lives racing at Portland. Group 6 drivers rock! Love racing with them. Hope everyone has a great time in Mission. All the Legends cars will be racing at Infineon that weekend as we have been invited to be part of the NASCAR road race show. We hope to make Conference proud with some great results down there. It's racing up here with Conference that has made us all better road race drivers. Thanks!

I need to thank our great corner workers for all the trouble I put them too. Spun in the Chicane and in a motor cycle powered car if you don't get the clutch in you blow up the starter. I came close to the wall and scared myself and didn't get the clutch in. Then had to be flat towed in.

Seems like every 4th or 5 th race I need help and they are there to do it, great people and we need to never forget that without them there is no safe way to race. Thanks again

Dick,

I was in the grandstand above Festival when you did that. Had hands over eyes hoping you kept it off the walls.. WHEW ! !! That spin started rather oddly. No tire smoke, no fish tail, what happened?

Real bugger about getting the clutch in on those. There's a discussion about 'starter savers' here. Looks like there is one for the Suzuki and maybe a model for the R1 coming soon:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34351&highlight=starter+saver

Adam and I were glad to see JC make the race, especially after we took him away from the track on a hook in the morning. Whenever we as workers have to do something like that, we always hope to see the injured car back on the track if at all possible. For the record, JC got his car off the track to a reasonably safe area where we could get a wrecker to him without entering the track surface and getting in the way of the qualifying session. Good work, JC.

Rob:

Thank you for the good words.

You guys are the best!!

The left front wheel hub came apart. It was difficult steering "Humpty Dumpty" around the track with the front wheel jammed up against the brake caliper. The bolt that held the wheel hub and bearings simply snapped. I am very fortunate that it did not happen when I was going "lickety split" on the back straight.

I am currently in Hong Kong and if every thing goes as planned, I will be at Mission.

Thanks again for all you guys do for us.

J.C.

Good point, Dick!

I looked at that bolt and commented to JC. There were no signs of stress corrosion or shearing on that bolt. Looked like a 'clean' break in tension.. very odd.

Chinese AN hardware maybe?

Back