CF/FF 40th Festivus for the Rest of Us

OK here is the deal. All of you/us with a CF/FF in the garage wanting to get it out and can't quite make it to the festival at Road America let alone a race week end here is your chance. No money.....no problem....no excuses.
There can be a special grid at the IRDC playday at the end of the year. I have been told by the benevelent administration of that prestigous event that if 20 or more cars enlist that there will be a special run group for us at a reduced entry fee of......now get this....$25 bucks!
So if you want for funds, lack of where with all to attend Wisconsin, are tired of sitting in your car in the cold damp garage all by your lonely little self making motor noises than dust that thing off, slush the old Flying A super out of the tank, start saving your milk money for a battery (or borrow one from one of your neighbors' riding lawn mowers) and make it happen.
Think of the commradery, the history making, the special one of kind collectable t-shirt with your name on it! (only with special added funding), the partially clad trophy girls (only with very special added funding unless of course Cheryl will volunteer).
There are currently 3 initial entries.
So here's how it works at this point. If you are in, chime in on this thread and say, "I'm in to play." If you like the shirt idea and want to kick in an extra $10-20 or so say, "I'm in to play with the shirt on my back". After you say your "in" then add your entry number to the tally ending with the previous entry.
For example, the next entry will say, "I'm in with the shirt on my back and that makes 4 of us". Make certain you state your name as would appear on the shirt if that option manifests itself.
If you have a constructive suggestion toward increasing the fun without denigrating the taxi drivers and lining the pockets of a bail bondsman you can enter that too.
This is not a race!! This is not a race!! Passing only allowed on the front straight! This is a playday and chance to get real race cars out into world with the greatest of open wheel spirit and commradery. Did somebody mention spirits?....Allrighty then..... LET'S GO!

Hey Gary! Nice ‘seein’ya!

Would one need a current license/equipment/to pass tech? All my stuff is way expired… [kinda’ like me I guess... ;-}]. From my days in the barrel with the Conference insurance I bet I know the answer… In any case, in the spirit of things, I’d sure front up an entry and enough to get the shirt…

Chip

Would one need a current license/equipment/to pass tech? All my stuff is way expired… [kinda’ like me I guess... ;-}].

For the "play day" in Oct. tech is not required. Current helmet is. Current competition license not require. Not sure on arm restraints for open cars but a good idea regardless.

It's your typical lapping day with passing on the main straight only after a wave by.

OK, please read the first entry and the instructions. Since there was 3 allready entered initially Rodney would make 4(four). So he would say,"I'm in and that makes four"! If he likes the t-shirt idea he would write," I'm in with my shirt on and that makes four".

This way at the end of the thread there will be a sum of participants that will indicate if this prestigous event will occur or not.

Chipster, come as you are with your helmet from where ever and your car from who ever(I can't remember if you still have that thing). This is not a race!!!!!!! This is a playday. Your friends, lovers, reletives, enemys, neighbors, crew and...... can participate. Just sign up early. It will be played by ear. If there are a lot of ultra novice drivers we will notify all and make adjustments. If most are retired drips then that will be accoundted for. If one was smart one would provide all the appropriate safety gear for who ever is in the car. I assume we are all smart being a cut above in open wheel and all.

OK now Go.

Perfect! One Extra Large.
I believe many are like me and visit this site very infrequently so if the readers would care to spread the word/invitation and tell them to sign in on this thread that would be tom terrific. Or anyone can call 360-446-6664.

Chip?

And remember feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Uhhh... I thought I was in ahead of Wes... Damn decoder ring must be on the fritz...
Oh well, "I'm in with my XXL shirt on, and that makes 6".

Chip

PS; The Conference schedule shows Playday being at 'PR'... I'm easily confused....

Ooops!! I screwed up. English is such a difficult language.

I am in to play with an XL T-shirt and that makes six.

or
Yo quiero participar con una camisa de tamano extra grande y con mi participation vamos a ser seis.

J.C.

Actually I am the seventh guy, and yes; ............. I am in to play with a T-shirt size XL and I am seven.

Sorry for the confusion.

J.C.

So JC, do we add math (no pun intended) to the "things to master" list?? LOL
And thank you for the funny reminder of the video clip of that poor fellow.

Yo quiero participar con una camisa de tamano muy, muy grande y con mi participation vamos a ser siete.

Hola amigos a Tucson.

And, that is about the extent of my Spanish except for "mas cerveza, por favor, amigo".

I may not (probably won't) make the event, but I'd sure like to have one of the T-shirts. Just let me know how much and add in the shipping.

Muchas gracias amigos!

Count me in too. Large t-shirt please. Number 8, eight, acht, ocho???? Hola amigos, la cucina, el gato loco ... I made the mistake of taking a Spanish class while the Mini was being converted into the race car so I only made it through seven classes. Oh well, it was time to go racing. See you in Spokane Trout. Adios amigos...

Allrighty then. This is starting to remind me of the Group 3 daze of old.

Chip, Oct. 31 Bremerton

Senoir Fish, Compadre, only attendtitos receivious de shirteeno. Only participants will be imparted with the secret hand shake.

Remember, we need a minimum of 20

Well just be that way!

Lo and I are headed for Urope this fall and won't be back until the end of October. If you're going to be stingy with the T-shirt then you don't get the Formula Ford Festival bling I was gonna bring back. So there.

You meanies can just go and play with your silly bat and ball...

Oh, wait, I guess it's your toy cars that you're gonna play with, in the cold and rain...

PS; The Conference schedule shows Playday being at 'PR'... I'm easily confused....

Yes, it does... I'd corrected it a while back from saying it was a "Driver Training" day and then completely futzed on it being at Bremerton. I'll add this to my to-do list for tonight.

Sorry 'bout that.

update

This is just a brief update to rise this thread so that it will be conveniently located for folks that expressed interest at Seattle.
Currently signed up are I believe 8.
To reiterate, install your name and shirt size on this thread or call me.
Once you do either you are committed for the extra phe/nominal fee for the shirt.

Carry On, Gary 360-446-6664

Back