Cell/Text Bill - Please Help!

Steve the fact that you even mentioned that you might close the post is an abuse of your power here. As race car drivers we care about the act of safe driving and it is totally relevant. I feel so blessed that you let us express our opinion. WOW I am floored at your arrogance!

No, Fred, not only did I specifically say I was NOT closing the thread, but I also explained why it was something I considered. In other words, not only was I bending over backwards to "let lie" something that I felt, as Administrator, was more off-topic than usual, but I was also providing a little transparency to my thinking on the matter. I'm floored by your pettiness.

Alrightee then, sounds like time to ley this dog lie. I applaude you for your passion on this issue Fred, and if youcould post an address of another site where we can get involved I'd be happy to do that.

Wes

The real solution is WAY easier. Simply require the phone companies to limit cell tower phone transitions to no more than 2 per minute.. Done. No more talking and driving.
Then don't allow text messaging until the phone has sat in one cell for 3 minutes. Then no generic laws that hange across states and its a standard fix. Motorola and ATT sell most of the tower gear. so its in the FCC's hands...

Lol
Dave Taylor
Portland

I heard today that Mercedes and another maunfacturer are introducing lead to their vehicles so cellphone use while inside won't work. Anyone heard about this?

Thanks for the address Fred, I will go take a look.

Back