Car Tender Challenge!

MikeA

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

Thanks cannot be said enough but this weekend was one for the record books and it's because of many of you who made it happen.

Thanks to all the workers who braved the conditions and enjoyed this crazy weekend with all of us. I saw some drivers who pulled some corner shifts (Ben Wilson was always cheering from T6).

Thanks to all the stewards who were handling incidents and helping keep everyone safe.

Thanks to Gary Parker for feeding those in white, Garth from AnT for getting folks the tires needed and Doug Berger for capturing all the good moments. (I'm sure there are folks I missed that other will add).

Thanks to Johnny Mac and Car Tender for cool awards, a podium and just an awesome event that had some memorable weather.

I didn't get to finish the PRO3 race, but I was at a point where I knew my setup was becoming more dangerous with each lap and pulled in. It was awesome timing as I got to enjoy the final laps of the championship of PRO3 and 2013 season come to a close with all the amazing BBQ2U race team. It only added to the awesomeness (yep that's right) when John Parker brought home the win.

Great season and great event... See you in Portland to end the year like we started it - enduro time!

It was sure a weekend to remember. The turn marshals had to brave some horrible conditions. Many passed on the evening meal and beverages (even with the announcement there would be heaters in the party tent) to go find a hot shower and dry clothes. Can't blame them either. Nothing I had was dry and I had the option of changing during the day and I had my trailer to retreat to. Kudos to all the volunteers and officials!
There were bears fishing in T8 and submarine races just off the tarmac in the paddock to keep us entertained in addition to the races.
While walking about the paddock after the races I noticed several boxes that used to contain new waterproof boots. Pruney feet were the order of the weekend.

A word from the safety truck. If you go off into the gravel traps at TR, you had better have a strong tow hook. 2 "bolted on strap loops" parted this weekend. Take time this winter to make sure your car can be safely pulled from muck up to all 4 hubs. (If I were on the safety truck and a car's strap broke, I would ask the driver to crawl in the mud to attach the tow strap to a frame member in his driver suit.)

This was one to remember for sure. We haven't been that wet or excited at the same time ever!
Many thanks to the turn workers again! We couldn't believe you came back for both days, willingly!

Thanks to all that stayed for the whole show as well.

Thanks to Hoosier for making incredible wet tires. I couldn't believe we could go that fast in such conditions.

Thanks to the Race Steward for reminding me that passing under a yellow will cost you! We hope our donation goes to the worker fund...

Thanks to my brother Curt that came out and helped for the day! Hooking up our trailer in the middle of the lake was much easier with you out there standing on the tongue guiding me back via cell phone :)

And; thanks to Johnny Mac as well, it was nice to meet you and receive a very nice bottle of wine!

A special thanks to my very understanding bride Cindy, who stuck it out the whole weekend without once (out loud anyway) saying she wanted to leave for a dryer place!

Parking at "The Lake" was an experience too. We'll bring more dock making supplies next time rain is forecast...

See you next year,
Lawrence Hayes
FC55 Argo Ridge 2013.jpeg

Last edited:
Back