Car lift advice wanted

HayesCages

Customer wants my input on car lifts, specifically ones for production cars & trucks.
Anyone have any idea which way to go?
We're looking at 2 post and 4 post lifts with 9k lb. capacity. One for service work, one for chassis storage.
Want highest quality, ease of installation, factory support.
Thanks
Lawrence

___

Lawrence Hayes
Hayes Cages, LLC
Sagle, ID
509-768-5408

I have a 9000 Asymmetrical 2 post Rotary lift. Zero problems, Quick up and down. Make sure what you get comes down smooth and quick with light loads. Some brands come down way to slow.

call Bob McCauley at (509) 891-4134 in Spokane WA. He is the best source in your area for shop equipment period. I have been buying lifts and equipment since 1995 from him. He installs, services and represents many brands. Most of the new car dealers use him, so he's used to being beat up on price. he also has lots of trade in equipment. Tell him I sent ya! John Daschel

+1 for Bob McCauley at Norwest Shop Equipment. We bought 2 lifts from them and we're very happy with them. They install lifts and build service shops all over the region (check out the one at Parker Toyota in Cd'A).

I have the Forward 10k at home. The pads on this lift are low enough to slide under my lowered cars and it easily lifts my tow rig. Smooth up and down. I like that I can hold the safety release so the latches don't clunk on the way up (nothing under the car when I'm doing that, of course).

--Bryan

I have a Danmar 4 post at home, which I got from Garage Equipment Supply. Good for storage, and a number of tasks, but obviously, limited for "wheel off" work. At the shop, there is a two post, which I prefer for working on the car, in general. It wouldn't work for home, as I just didn't have the ceiling height.

Scott Adare turned me onto Garage Equipment Supply. They dealt very fairly with me. We had a "shipping issue" (said they could ship to Alaska for free - turned out they couldn't. They made it right and did it anyway, since "they said they would and stood on their word"). Solid guys.

Dan

Back