BMW Club hosting "How to get into Racing" event, April 2 in Bellevue

Lance Richert

The Puget Sound BMW Club will be holding a 2-part event related to sport driving at 425 Motorsports in Bellevue on April 2.

Of interest to this group is the second hour of the presentation related to racing.

If you have a buddy that is interested in getting into local road racing, long time ICSCC driver Wes Hill will cover the basics and essentials. Bob Mearns will be there to describe the ICSCC novice program. And Fred Wright will be on hand to make a presenation on the new road course planned in Shelton.

You do not need to be a BMW Club member to attend this event. However an RSVP to me would be appreciated to help with seating and planning.

Full details at this link:

http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45064

thanks,

Lance Richert
lance@richertnet.com

I have cross linked the BMWpugetsound post to my Facebook. Hopefully it will get 1 or 2 more butts in those seats.

You guys are going to talk about the benefits of racing in ITA right? :p

As the event is somewhat BMW-centric, Wes will talk about the various classes that might be of interest to a BMW owner. But he does a good job of explaining pros and cons of open wheel vs. closed wheel, etc. Wes has done this prensentation a number of times over the years. He also explains the differences between ICSCC, SCCA, SOVREN, etc.

The second part about racing is heavily promoted to the BMW club drivers that have been participating in the BMW club lapping day program, and may be looking for a new challenge.

425 Motorsports will be providing some nice discounts on April 2 for the Sport Driving Tech Session. Here is the message Dan Reiss sent me:

"Everything will be on sale at 10-50% off. Most items will be 20% off but we have some closeout items that will be 50% and some items that we just can't give more than 10% IE: Hans Devices. If we don't have what someone wants, we will ship it to them and honor the discount."

For anyone with Snell Year 2000 helmets that will be expiring soon, 20% off of helmets is a nice discount.

Please remember to RSVP to me off-line if you plan to attend on Saturday. Name, number of guests, and car. E-mail me at: Lance@Richertnet.com

Thanks for the RSVP's, we're now at about 80 people attending on Saturday. About 25% are coming for the 2nd hour racing portion.

Back