Bill Carr

robjacobsen

The Pros From Dover
Pass The word to those that know Bill Carr. Bill has been a long time volunteer at both SCCA and ICSCC events.

Email from Bobby Smethers:

I just received word from Hugh Fig – Bill Carr is in St Vincent (Barnes Rd) in ICU, critical condition.

I phoned their patient information line ( 503-216-2115 ), transferred to speak with Bill’s daughter Jody. She asked for all our prayers at this time.

Please pass this message to anyone I have missed...

Later, bob

It is with a very heavy, sad heart to tell you that Bill passed away today. He has been a long time F&C worker for both conference and SCCA. He was more than just F&C, Steward; he was a wonderful person and friend. He will be greatly missed by all those who knew him.

I have no other information to pass on at this time, but will do when it is received.

Just Smilin'

Jes Smilin.jpg

Bill "Wino" Carr
His spirit remains.​

Bad news on the doorstep.
Competent, cheerful, dedicated, a great sense of humor, he gave much to this sport and asked for little. His smile could lift your spirits even on a really bad day. A great volunteer and turn worker.
Bill Carr.
Gona miss that guy.

Bill Murray

Heart-breaking news. Bill was one of my all-time favourite people. A great teacher, a big heart and funny as could be. I will miss him tremendously.

The Family is making arrangements to move the service to a large venue on Saturday. They didn't realize that so many of us would want to attend when they set the Friday time and location. The Obit. will be in today's paper with the old and now incorrect info. Standby for an update when we get the new details.

Here is the latest. Judy Yocom posted this info.

Karen McCoy just talked to Bill Jr. He has decided to keep the arrangements as per the obituary. The family will host a party for Bill at PIR in the Spring when their lives have calmed down. We can expect to speak, drink and be merry in his honor then and do all of the "traditions" of Dover Remembrances at that time. The family has expressed their gratitude for the concern and affection of the racing community for Bill and is looking forward to meeting us soon.

And here is the location info.

Service for Bill Carr. Friday, 01/27/2012 at 2:00 p.m. Crowne Memorial Funeral Home, 17064 SE McLoughlin Blvd. The location is the same as the obituary. We are more than welcome to attend. We may overflow and standing room only. But, that is ok! Let's try to go out afterwards...Busters, the Chinese place - somewhere. Wear your whites or don't.

I’ll be wearing whites.

Back