Awarding position points for DNF

In 1287 or something, the dead horse was that the earth was flat.

In a thread about rules clarification, let us be clear on all things.

The idea of a spherical planet was first proffered by pre Socratice Greece. By the time Aristotle rolled around (330 BC) it was concluded that the earth was in fact round. The Hellenistic period was one of "enlightenment" and represents the basis of western society, commonly known as the Greco-Roman influence, also the birthplace of democracy.

Carry on.

You taking a swipe at me Steve? I will have you know, kind sir, that I was on the Deans List at U of W for two years!! Who woulda thunk, huh?
Not to totally hijack, but if I win and forget to pick up my trophy, am I docked points?

And one more, just for you Steve. The rule being discussed, if modified, would become a paradigmatic shift under the rubric of rule change. The causal nexus of such change would be the fluid relativity of the english language and the ability for the "listener" (or in this case reader) to synthesize such rule and create a cogent argument against said rule.

Like that one?

Where one may "win" with a finish, they may not "finish" with a win.

Just a thought stream. Rod's fault. More silliphosical than cogent though.

Politickle yourself it'll you can't hold your bladder. You get one shot per year.

You taking a swipe at me Steve?
Yes, but with love. :p

And one more, just for you Steve. The rule being discussed, if modified, would become a paradigmatic shift under the rubric of rule change. The causal nexus of such change would be the fluid relativity of the english language and the ability for the "listener" (or in this case reader) to synthesize such rule and create a cogent argument against said rule.

Like that one?

Now I see why The Ridge moved through the halls of government so smoothly: You speak their language!

The strength of Conference is that a driver can propose a rule change and all the drivers get to vote on it, unlike some other organizations where you have a voice but no vote and the organization decides what is best for you .

Make a clear, concise rule proposal(s) and let the lobbying and postings begin again. Perhaps you will win some drivers over this time around.

Does this look dead to you?
Shrubbery on Dead Horse Pt.jpg

dead-horse-point @ sunset.jpg
I'm not sure how my thumb's shadow got into the picture there.
But maybe you'll get my point​

Last edited:
Back