Alive and well

Rooster crowing.jpg

After a disturbing communication with one of our racers, it seems that somewhere has been hatched a false rumor that TC may be cancelling their event Sept 17-18, @ ORP. I was certain that this information stemmed from some ignorance of facts, so I made a phone call.

I have confirmed with our Race Chairman, Bob Smethers that this rumor is most certainly FALSE, and would like those that would propogate this vile to please stuff it right back up, and into that dark and smelly place from whence it came.

It's hard enough to get entries for events that are 'away' from the I-5 corridor. We, meaning Conference, do not need fictitious inuendo, unsubstantiated speculation, undermining scuttlebutt, nor further political manipulation to hinder the efforts of so many for so little.

I believe that on-line registration will be available soon.

In the mean time, prepare for the Doernbecher Dash.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm sure it was a case of the usual incorrect rumor. Ie. Oregon SCCA canceled ORP and someone might have heard a discussion about it and thought that it was the TC sept race....

I was hoping to convince ORP to run the other direct given the revised cert. requirements. But alas, anti-clockwise isn't quite ready for primetime. Maybe next year.

On another note, if you have yet to race ICSCC at ORP, there is a discount for 1st time ORP racers. $265 for your first entry. Come and race on arguably best and the only SCCA certified track in the Pacific NW - it's outstanding!

Back