AiM Sports Data Seminar @ The Ridge (6 Hour Race Weekend)

Dear Conference racers. I have three questions:

1. Are you attending the 6 Hour Race weekend at The Ridge Motorsports Park on April 18th and 19th?
  2. Are you aware that there is a data seminar on Saturday evening from 5:30pm to 6:30pm?
  3. Are you planning on attending said data seminar on Saturday evening?

If the answer to all three of these questions is “yes”, then this is FANTASTIC news, we can’t wait to see you. If the answer is “no” or “I’m not sure” then let me tell you a little about what is happening.

AiM Sports is sponsoring a data seminar on Saturday evening for anyone interested in learning more about using data to go faster. It’s completely free and we’ll also be providing some adult refreshments and snacks. The presentation will be given by me (James Colborn) and I will be accompanied by a host of professional drivers from the BimmerWorld Racing Team who currently are campaigning in the Continental Tire Sportscar Series (CTSC).

The content will focus on using simple GPS based data to find improvements in your driving. Our approach will be to talk through a few basic concepts on how interpret the data you’ve acquired and how to translate that into practical application on track. We will spend the first half an hour presenting content and then the second half an hour doing hands on coaching on a one on one basis.

It would be great to see you there and help you figure out how to get the most out of the data that so many of you are now capturing with your AiM Solo devices. If you aren’t using an AiM System (e.g. you are using a TraqMate or MoTeC setup), no problem at all, the concepts stay the same.

Lastly, if you are planning on attending, I’m going to ask that you watch a video. By watching one of these videos you will allow us not to cover this setup content in the seminar giving us more time for hands on coaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoDPcRvJFU (by James Colborn)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk4tjWAfwhU (by AiM Sports Roger Caddell)

Thanks!

James

James, this is good stuff! I look forward to hearing more in the session. Thank you for your efforts putting this together.

Hi James, this sounds great but unfortunately won't be able to attend that weekend. Any chance this will be recorded for those of us who can't make it?

More data seminars this season!

Hi James, this sounds great but unfortunately won't be able to attend that weekend. Any chance this will be recorded for those of us who can't make it?

No worries Alberto. I plan on doing a couple more this season. Likely ORP Double and Spokane Triple.

James

Hi everyone.

Thanks to all those who attended on Saturday evening. I think we had 30+ people make the session and by all accounts people liked the content.

I had a few questions in relation to getting things setup so I've put a link below to the playlist of videos that should help many.

Some specific call outs were for placing a fixed location on a lap to measure against, please look up GPS Lap Insert. Another for time based advantage, in this case look up Lap Replay Comparison.

Any other questions, feel free to ask on the forum or send me an email at colbornjames@hotmail.com

Thanks again and we'll be doing this again at ORP :D

James

PLAYLIST LINK: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLrk-IEDDIYuclxF0rj8iHBjjNDnCNCTf

Back