A big thank you!

jimmc8

I'd like to give a big shout out to all of the E-crew, corner workers, Stewards and everyone else who helped me out after my close encounter with the turn 12 tire barrier. Your professionalism and courtesy were 1st rate. Kudos for the awesome work that you do.

To the rest of Group 4 - sorry for screwing up your qualifying :redface:

To the fantastic folks at Lowe Group Racing, sorry for scaring you guys and messing up The Beast.

I'm OK, a little rattled but nothing serious and Jerold will have the car back up and running PDQ. An incident like this reminds me why I wear a HANS and have good belts and safety equipment. It all worked just the was it is supposed to and I'm up and walking around because of it.

And finally to everyone who came over to check that I was OK and all the concern that was expressed, there's just one last thing to say . . . Thanks . . . I'm glad that I'm a member of this wonderful family called ICSCC.

Glad to see you were ok Jim, That looked ugly. And I am with ya on those Hans Devices, I have put mine to test a few time's running Sprint car's and can say they are well worth the Investment.. Once again Glad you were ok!

Mark Nichols

Everyone is glad you're okay, Jim.

At lunch, I wandered down to watch the repairs. When I saw the point of impact and where the tire barriers absorbed and dissippated the impact through the armco fencing... dyam!

I'd say thay your personal protection and safety equipment paid for itself, for sure.

The 2x3 stack tire bundling style were again called upon to prove their energy absorbency/dissipation qualities. Had it been contained at the point of impact, that sudden stop could have been much more severe. So thanks also to PIR for their superior construction and quick response to the damages and with the help of the CSCC Safety team, got us all green and ready to go racing again without any further delay.

You probably owe them lunch though. ;)

I can always qualify another day.... but good driver's & friends like you are hard to come by!!!! I am also with you 110% on the HANS device, I have tested my repeatedly (as you know). Hope to see you at the next race!!!
Gary Presting Jr
American Sedan #4

Jim, I am sure I speak for all group 4 racers when I say the human is the most important thing and I am glad you are ok. I happened to see you walk in to the ambulance for a check up and was relieved. While sitting in the hot pits it was good to know you were ok. Makes the waiting much less anxious. And I still say HANS are mandatory even if not by rule!

Jim, it's great that you're okay after such a nasty shunt! I am certain that Jerold and crew will do their best to get your car back into action, but your well-being is the most important thing of all. I do hope to see you at ORP, where we can swap lies and race backwards for the first time!!

Thanks for all the concern and good thought from everyone. I'm really OK, so OK that I played golf today and walked 18 holes without any discomfort! I didn't say I played well mind you :big grin:

Yes that's damned good equipment all round to let me walk away without so much as a bruise.

Jim, this all sounds pretty spectacular, glad you're okay! Did you have your camera running when this big off happened? You shared your footage of Gary's exciting ride in Seattle - do you have any for your own in Portland?

Unfortunately, the camera crapped out just before turn 10 on that lap. Guess it didn't want to see the crash again either ;)

Back