9/11 Memorial Grand Prix results and ORP Track Records are now online

These are the most up to date documents, however they are compiled manually... I see you also have the race lap record at 1:58.408. That is what you were referring to? If anyone else finds any discrepancies please let us know.

While I would be stoked to hold a record im pretty sure there is no reason to list ITE twice in the record keeping. Duke Goss is the clear ITE title holder.

BTW I think that having the Vintage cars run as the special race group was a great idea. It definitely gives new faces a chance to fit into Conference.
I know there have been people who'd love to run with us but who have cars which don't fit well into a Conference class, so they go run Vintage in SCCA.

I'd recommend that any time we can, we should add a Vintage group. I'm not sure how this opportunity was publicized, but evidently someone did a good job, as we had almost as many entries as group 5.

It's nice to know that TC has many friends within the boiling cauldron of the SCCA. Above and beyond the average ~10% of 700 numbers that usually show up at Conference events generally.

I noticed many smiles on faces, too.

Advertising was pretty simple really. You go to their events, because you know they'll be there, and you ask them. The real anxious parts were dealing with the Exec BoD's acceptance of their rule sets, and hoping that not all of them were going to the SOVERN event that same weekend.

Another 'first' for ORP with Vintage. Hopefully more to come.

Vintage was a great idea. It was so nice to have them out there. I really enjoyed the extra variety of race cars. Great event by all the
folks that put this on.

Back