6/12 Hours of the Cascades

Almost 7 hours into the enduro. I wonder if the Portland weather is as weird as it's been up here all day?
Any way to track the event live?

Two wall hits per gully washer, Wes. All drivers walked away with all their fingers and all their tows. Those they came in with, at any rate.

I believe something like 20 cars finished. Some...just.

We are looking forward to the Chump Car 24+standard time Halloween Race /with party intermission, in a couple of weeks.

All are welcome. Turn rotations, see the track from many different stations and luminations.

"Who you gonna call?" It'll be fun.

----

22 Blu/Wh 1st OA/P1, 5 Yellow within a lap behind. Very close call. A late spin and wall smack, sealed the fate of the Yellow Flyer.

Last edited:
This was the first time for us at PIR. So on behalf of team "The BMW Store" number 16, thanks to all the organizers, volunteers & corner workers that made it possible for us to race at such a great event. We had a great time (except for the 2 hours we had to run on 5 cylinders) and wow... what a track.

Anybody have results?

Because you don't know where you finished? ;)

I have class results and lap times from Perry. He's planning on getting me the overall results (sorted by laps completed) and lap chart today. I'll be posting all of them as soon as I get those.

I know the M3 finished second overall after a shunt at T12 in the final hour. Too bad, cause they had it covered till then I hear. My seat was taken for this event by our very own race steward, ex steward at this point, and he did a "fine" job per Mr. Helton. So he has shaken the mantle of 'mud boy' for now.

Hi Wes,

For what it's worth, since I'm tooting my own horn here I guess, I wouldn't exactly say they had it covered. It would be more like they had it handed to them after we screwed up our pit stop, giving up probably 5 laps after leading the race overall for almost 50 laps in a P2 car. Not that congratulations aren't due, because it's not over until it's over. But, it certainly wasn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch.

But, it certainly wasn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch.

If it was, and certainly if it'd stayed wet, WE might've won, as hotshoe Spencer was running laps 3-5 seconds faster than everyone else in the pouring rain.

Oh, sure, the 5 hours we spent behind the wall trying to find why the car wouldn't run or even idle anymore probably had some impact on that, but that's why we run the races, yeah?

I want to congratulate every team that finished what was a very challenging 12 hours especially the amazing #2 car.

Every entrant had their own set of issues and as a few have said "that's why we run races"

We led the race by about 3 laps for probably 6 or more hours until an accident on the back straight took us out for 4 laps. We had a tire blow out on the back straight with 2 hours to go, lost our radio and dash early in the rain and pretty much used the limiter to shift for 9 hours. We had a fueling problem on our last stop but like I said everyone had something to deal with. That's why I love these 12hr and 24hr races.

For a while there I was pretty sure Randy's #2 P2 car was going to be uncatchable and I was sorry to see the M3 hit the wall as they ran a great race as well.

I want to thank everyone involved for always making us feel so welcomed when we race with ICSCC.

Steve

Randy, I saw Jeff today at Pat's and he said you were both doing 4 hour stints in that event! Man, that is tough duty, especially in those conditions, but it was obviously working for you. Mike H. did say you were right there until the pit stop. As it was they believe they had a lap on Steve's Porsche until they lost it with the wall banger.
Must have been a great race to watch, sorry I missed it.

I have class results and lap times from Perry. He's planning on getting me the overall results (sorted by laps completed) and lap chart today. I'll be posting all of them as soon as I get those.

They're up, including the other charts. (Thanks, Perry.)

Thanks for posting these, Steve.

Are there no times from the first practice on Friday?

Are these results correct? It says we were in the pits for 25 minutes at our 53rd lap, and I don't think that happened. Looks like most of the cars have a similar problem, where a 25-minute pit lap is recorded around the same time.

Any chance of corrected results that show drivers' names for our car?

Last edited:
Back