6/12 Hours of the Cascades

Answer to 25 minute stop

Mike: When we had the black flag we stopped the computer with a red flag. The computer system doesn't account for black flags as we use them. The 25 minute lap is when we were stopped. After the restart we cancel the red flag and it starts the clock at that time.

Also, when car 5 spun, we were watching for the PIR webcam online. Just as the car comes into view the spin starts. Rather unique to be sitting in the tower and watch live on the cam.

Thanks to all drivers for the wonderful entertainment. I have been with the Enduro since conception so am rather fond of the race.

Thanks to all, linda

Timing

Yes it can. Elsie had decided we would stop because we thought they might run the race the "full" 12 hours. I don't think it mattered much because the starter also is keeping a clock and Chris was considering the time but had not decided which way to go so we let it all stand. The fun part was watching like a hour later and we were the 25 minutes off so we decided to play with the second setup. When we deleted the red flag it rapidly caught up to real time. It still left a make so we would know when we brought the cars to hot pits. Having not used the red flag before, we were in a learning mode.

Because the pace car did not get the pack with the leader, the line of cars was not "in order" for a restart. We had to go back to the last "complete" lap with the leader being 19. He messed the works because the full course and pace car were called in the same lap the leader spun out on the west end. It was fun and interesting.

We learn more about Orbitz each time we have a different system. Sort of makes it a fun position and I am hoping others from pit crews or friends or club members will get interested in doing this system. Anyone interested please step up and let your club know.

I would imagine that some cars, once seeing the FCY dove into the pits to take advantage and wound up stuck there when we went BFA.

There's a procedural discussion topic, eh?

Thanks, Linda. That makes sense! (I'd still appreciate a copy of the results that actually has my name on it, though.)

(I'd still appreciate a copy of the results that actually has my name on it, though.)

I don't think that exists, outside of the entry list. What Perry gave me is the same thing that I saw in the rMonitor software during the event. In the past, one of the options in that software would show the names of all the drivers on a team. This year, that option displayed the same info as that of the first driver (i.e., what you see on the current results).

Even though you're just another driver-monkey, now, there must be some residual love for your Stewardship (respect the office, even if you can't respect the man :D) and so updated overall and class results for the enduro are posted, showing your "Mr. Mxyzptlk" name in all its Polish glory.

Now do some work on that 325 (or not; nobody says you have to be competitive!) so you can come play in ST.

Back