38th ANNUAL 6 HOURS OF THE CASCADES & NWMES 2 HOUR FINALE

Mark Estes

38th ANNUAL 6 HOURS OF THE CASCADES & NWMES 2 HOUR FINALE

WHEN: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19TH, 2013
WHERE: PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
WHY: BECAUSE RACING IS FUN!!!

ENTER ONE OR BOTH RACES. BOTH RACES WILL BE UTILIZING THE LEMANS STARTING PROCE-DURE. COME AND EXPERIENCE THE CAMARADERIE OF TEAM RACING!!

SCHEDULE: PRACTICE: 9:30am – 11:00am
NWMES 2 HOUR: 11:30am – 1:30pm
6 HOURS OF THE CASCADES: 3:00pm – 9:00pm

2 HOUR: ONE OR TWO DRIVERS, MANDATORY TWO MINUTE PIT STOP, 5 CLASSES TO CHOOSE FROM
6 HOUR: TWO DRIVER MINIUMUM, 8 CLASSES TO CHOOSE FROM, PRIZE MONEY PAID TO CLASS WINNERS ( 25 CAR MINIMUM )

2013 CHANGES: * Tire changes in pit lane are unlimited for all classes

* E0, E1, E2 class cars may start the race with 15 gallons of fuel and may add 15 gallons of fuel per pit stop ( using standard 5 gallon cans ). E3 & E4 classes are still 10 gallons.

* Two unlimited classes: EUO – Over 2500cc & 13B rotary engines
EUU – 2500cc & under & 12A rotary engines

**Oral auction at Saturday’s Drivers Meeting – Item: 2014 Cascade 6 Hour Enduro Entry**
Benefiting the North Portland Kenton Neighborhood Association

Registration is available on motorsportreg. After the primary driver has signed up, co- drivers may sign up on motorsportreg. Note: With several different entry options, not all entries can be completed on motorsportreg.

For entries that cannot be completed on motorsportreg, contact the race registrar or race chairman who will be able to complete your registration for you.

Also, to help us in assigning pit spaces, please let us know if you will be sharing or are able to share your pit stall – as in you will only need the pit space for one of the two races and who you will be sharing with so that we can maximize the space we have.

ENTRY FEES: 6 HOUR ONLY NON MEMBER $695.00/TEAM
6 HOUR ONLY MEMBER $670.00/TEAM
2 HOUR W/6 HOUR ENTRY $150.00/TEAM
2 HOUR ONLY $250.00/TEAM
Additional information and rules available at icscc.com and cascadesportscarclub.org

Additionally, If you cannot race, please consider helping out, we need pit marshals and corner workers. Thanks!
Mark Estes Cascade Sports Car Club, President.

Entries are growing....

2 Hr has 19 entries
6 Hr has 16 entries

Would love to see 30+ in the 6 hour.

The Long range forecast looks clear, lets get signed up folks!

Mark Estes Cascade Sports Car Club, President.

Come on people. More cars :)

With the weather looking fantastic in Portland this weekend, it is sad to see how few entries their are. This will be our 3rd year doing the Cascade Enduro and, rain or shine, it has always been fantastic. It's not too late to sign up!

I just get the feeling it's viewed as an afterthought to the sprint season and that's too bad! It really is a great event. Where are all the Portland racers?

Agreed!

My son and I are making the journey from Charlotte, NC to - once again - take part in this historic event.

We've been through this topic on this forum before...and it saddens me.

WHERE ARE THE RACERS?

While I'm glad to see the mini-enduro's entries surge in the last couple of days, I'd like to see the same for the 6hr.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/7BB3AB32-AD6A-3B00-1BD8BCFE175FD049

What happened to the entries? Lost a bunch last night. Nice to see you making the trip Kevin. More cars people. You get a chance to race againt Al Unser Jr and Al Unser III. How many people get the chance to say they raced against those guys? And it a sport racer and they dont have a great history of finishing the enduros. Chance to win.

- - - Updated - - -

A chance to say you beat the Unsers. Wish I had my license.

..... And it a sport racer and they dont have a great history of finishing the enduros...... A chance to say you beat the Unsers. Wish I had my license.

TRUE but in the past the Sports Racers weren't a WOLF with a 3 liter Mugen V8 in a carbon fiber chassis designed to whip a * * in endurance races far longer then 6 hours and capable of over 170 MPH.

http://www.wolfracingcars.com/home/ing

Personally I think Miles Jackson has thoughts about a Le Mans challenge some day :)

If it wasn't obvious to anyone, Jackson/the Unsers are using the 6-hour the way some people have used it in the past, as a shakedown event for the Thunderhill 25-Hour.

Three cars have pulled out from the 6-hour just in the past week, including one last night. Having done several of these, and wishing I'd done more, I wonder why people aren't entering? They're a LOT of fun and reliable cars that have even a moderately quick pace typically do quite well.

That looks like a really fast car, 170mph ! The closing speeds on the lower class cars will be like none seen before, be careful out there drivers, watch your mirrors.

If it wasn't obvious to anyone, Jackson/the Unsers are using the 6-hour the way some people have used it in the past, as a shakedown event for the Thunderhill 25-Hour.

Three cars have pulled out from the 6-hour just in the past week, including one last night. Having done several of these, and wishing I'd done more, I wonder why people aren't entering? They're a LOT of fun and reliable cars that have even a moderately quick pace typically do quite well.

Sheesh, they're dropping like flies...

How utterly disappointing.

I almost wish I hadn't experienced the (long gone) days of yore, when there were entries stretching along pit wall, from the tower to the bridge...

I wonder what gives?

Jeff Hanken, The 2 Hour Enduro count is still the same 28 cars. However it looks different as I made some changes so I could do some reports. Unfortunately we have only 16 cars for the 6 Hour. The weather is going to be so good.

I know some have conflicts like out of town family and such. I just wonder if so many were vying for position this year maybe the budget's stretched too thin? Yes would love to see 60 entries of old.

I know some have conflicts like out of town family and such. I just wonder if so many were vying for position this year maybe the budget's stretched too thin? Yes would love to see 60 entries of old.

Not sure that's the case seeing as how another thread mentions how fast the trophy presentation will be at the banquet. I just think the enduro needs more marketing. It should be the HIGHLIGHT of the year IMHO. Will be rooting on my son and the DB Motorsports team in E3. Be safe Brian, MikeA and Steve.

Hi All, Well our team had a wonderful time at the Enduro. Weather was awesome, except for the early morning fog, once it lifted the track was dry and warm and the sun was out. I hope all those who entered had a great time also. However we need more people to enter for next year.

With that, we have a Enduro Survey for Cascade Sports Car club. We will read all the input and compile the answers and see if we can make what ever changes next year to get more people involved.

Here is a Link:

CSCC SURVEY

thanks,
Mark Estes, CSCC President
#83 pro3

Back