2014 (7th Annual, or something like that) Pro's and Joe's weekend - Jun13-15

epsdan

We've sent out the invite to the "Pros" for this year's Pros & Joes. Now it's your turn!

June 13, 14, and 15 at Pacific Raceways, Car Tender Challenge (Thank you, Johnny Mac and Car Tender!). Pros and Joes will be featured at the 1 hour enduro on June 14.

If you are interested in having a Pro in your car with you for the weekend, let me know. Also, if you have a particular pro that you want, and you're reasonably sure they will be willing to come, let me know that, too, and I'll pencil you in as a team.

Like years past, we will be matching Pros and Joes in PRO3 cars. In addition this year, we'll be putting them in SpecE46's and ST cars, where appropriate and desired.

For those of you who haven't run this before, the script is generally like this ...

The format of the weekend is two run groups for the cars. Usually, the "pro" gets one run group and the "joe" runs in the primary run group. This gives everybody in the car time to get the feel for it, and get it set up. Each run group gets a practice (30 min), two qualifying runs (20 min each), and a race (30 minutes. The primary "Pros & Joes" event is a 1 hour enduro Saturday evening, where the "pro" and "joe" share the car.

In a nutshell, the "joe" provides the car, fuel, and consumables, and the "pro" provides travel, coaching and car setup. Damage is negotiated between the "joe" and the "pro". This is my ONLY caveat for putting this together. You (the Joe) and the Pro have to have an open and frank discussion about damage and who pays for what. Don't expect the pro to pay for incidental damage, if you haven't talked it out already. In addition, I'd recommend that you have a straight up talk about who is paying for what - travel, housing, car, consumables, etc. What I said above is what has happened in the past, and is the historical norm. If you're not comfortable, then it's probably best not to participate. Colborn and I are just a little adamant about this, as we don't want to be in the position of refereeing between unhappy people, if a car gets dinged.

'nuff said - the event is generally fun, but one day, we will have some damage, and we want everybody to be adults about it.

Let us (James Colborn or me) know if you're interested. It'll be a cool time - it always is - and you'll love being a part of the "Pro's & Joe's" fraternity.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me (dan@danrogers.net) or James Colborn (colbornjames@hotmail.com) an e-mail.

If you have other drivers/team members that you think would be interested and fit in well in this "low key", fun environment, feel free to invite them. Please just cc me into the loop, so we can make sure "pros" and "joes" match up.

We'll post up on here who's committed to coming, when the responses start rolling in...

Dan

Back