2013 ICSCC Tentative Race Schedule

I think the fancy phrase would be "championship points race weekend," but yes, that's what that is. (As opposed to an endurance race weekend.)

Awesome, I was afraid there was some new style of race weekend I was not aware of... normal 30 minute races = sprint.

Hope this tentative schedule holds, at first glance, I like it. :)

The April 7th IRDC season opening enduro at The Ridge will be a 6 hour event.

Exact schedule and rules TBD.

However, we will most likely begin the enduro in time to conclude before sunset, and we will also most likely conduct the event under the same or very similar rule set from last fall's 8 hours of the Cascades enduro for consistency and predictability.

Did the date get firmed up?

The April 7th IRDC season opening enduro at The Ridge will be a 6 hour event.

Exact schedule and rules TBD.

However, we will most likely begin the enduro in time to conclude before sunset, and we will also most likely conduct the event under the same or very similar rule set from last fall's 8 hours of the Cascades enduro for consistency and predictability.

Just checking, getting married the following weekend and need to start planning now if I want to make it work! Was hoping to get the New M3 out for a "long" shake down.. Looked on the Ridge's site & I thought it said IRDC track school.

Hi Cavan,

This Saturday's Conference spring meeting will confirm the 2013 schedule. Having said that, there are no anticipated problems with the majority of the tentative schedule, and in particular the April race season opener at The Ridge.

Saturday April 6th will be a Driver Training and Test & Tune day. Sunday the 7th will be a 6 hour enduro preceded by some quantity of warm up sessions.

Just checking, getting married the following weekend and need to start planning now if I want to make it work! Was hoping to get the New M3 out for a "long" shake down.. Looked on the Ridge's site & I thought it said IRDC track school.

Ummmm, Cavan? You might not want your wife-to-be see this post, she may have second thoughts about the wedding!!!

Just sayin ...

Just checking in: I understand there was (or is) a meeting today to finalize the 2013 Conference schedule. Any updates? Thanks!

/Rich

I'll have the schedule posted sometime tomorrow, but the 1000-foot view is: 14 races over 9 week-ends, plus two enduros. Cascade and IRDC both with 3 single races, TC with a double (in 2 days), and SCCBC (in 2 days) and NWMS (3 days) with a triple apiece. First event is the IRDC enduro at The Ridge and first championship race is at Portland in late April. The Cascade enduro in October is actually a 2-hour race followed (after a 1.5-hour break) by a 6-hour race into the darkness.

[Edit: With the exception of the format of the Cascade enduro, the post I made earlier in this thread reflects the actual schedule. Again, I'll have the official schedule posted later.]

[Edit 2: Oh, and the RATS meeting is March 9th at the Sea-Tac Marriott, starting at 10am (I think).]

The schedule is accurate. A double in 2 days at ORP at the end of May, a triple in 3 days at Spokane in mid-July, and a triple in 2 days at Mission at the end of August/beginning of September.

Looks like a great schedule to me - more racing, less towing and fewer weekends - everything we asked for or complained about in the past. I only see one back to back race weekend (Spokane/Seattle) which is a as good a combo as you can get for us on the westside. Overall, the best schedule in years IMHO. Thanks to all of the folks who made it happen. Now, where did I put my helmet....

The schedule is accurate. A double in 2 days at ORP at the end of May, a triple in 3 days at Spokane in mid-July, and a triple in 2 days at Mission at the end of August/beginning of September.

The schedule the SCCBC published has it as a 3 day event, Aug 31 - Sept 2. I'm sure this will be cleared up shortly.

Confirmed with SCCBC last night that the correct dates for the triple at Mission is 31 August to 2 September. The web and print schedules have been updated accordingly.

14 Championship Races, 9 race weekends.......fewer races, fewer weekends, less opportunities to tow.

TC, And SCCBC join NWMS by putting all their ICSCC eggs in one basket

It is a prime time to make a run at a class Championship. Do the math. Seven races can be run in just three weekends. Ten races can be run in just 5 weekends........no excuses about buying a Championship just show up and kick a#%.

14 Championship Races, 9 race weekends.......fewer races, fewer weekends, less opportunities to tow.

TC, And SCCBC join NWMS by putting all their ICSCC eggs in one basket

It is a prime time to make a run at a class Championship. Do the math. Seven races can be run in just three weekends. Ten races can be run in just 5 weekends........no excuses about buying a Championship just show up and kick a#%.

This! Gonna be a great season!

Back