1987 Pro3 racer and trailer for sale

Are there some items you want to delete to keep the cost down?

• Trailer and tie downs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Four new Roda wheels with new R888 tires

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sparco Evo passenger seat and frame

• Saebelt passenger racing harness

• Total voters

JimC319

FOR SALE

1987 BMW E30 325is Pro3 race car with trailer. $13,900 OBO.

See more pictures and video at www.voiceguy.com/ftp -- click on Oscar.zip

History:
Oscar--a racing legend.
In 1994, this was the 2nd BMW ITS racer on the West Coast, possibly the entire US. In 2002 it was one of the charter cars in the new Pro3 class. Built for Mike Helton, raced by Wes Hill, and known as “Porsche Annie” under the Jacquelyn Kahn, it was named “Oscar” by Rick Edwards, who now drives in the Mustang Challenge series. Brent Jordan, who drove all three of the Kahn cars said of Oscar, “I love this car! It never let me down.”

PRO3:
Pro3 is the most competitive class in the Northwest--regularly drawing 25 to 35 entries. When you throw in the SPU ground-pounders in Group 1, you can have nearly 50 cars on the grid! A true “driver series” with an indestructible E30 straight six, it is a truly affordable series with unbelievable grip in the corners.

Condition:
Oscar is very competitive with a strong engine and transmission and appears to be indestructible. We have never known the car to DNF due to mechanical failure. The car was campaigned all of 2009 in two classes without a single issue. Even with 17 heat cycles on the R888’s, it pulled 1:42’s at Pacific Raceway, despite being driven by two first-year father and son Novices.

Tuning:
The car was fully sorted & race tuned in April of 2008, and given a thorough competition chassis alignment and weight balance in April of 2009—both by TC MotorSports.

Equipment:
Lots of extras, including:
-Double axle trailer with surge breaks, good tires, ramps, D rings, four rachet tie downs, and ramp.
-Roll cage
-Fire suppression system
-22 gal fuel cell
-Custom window net
-4:10 limited slip differential
-Koni double adjustable coilover racing suspension
-TC Kline front springs 650#
-TC Kline rear short springs 700#
-Long tube headers w/ custom exhaust
-AutoMeter custom gauges
-Hard wired transponder
-Sparco Evo drivers seat with new Shroth quick release harness
-Sparco Evo passengers seat with new frame mount, seat guides, and hardware--and Saebelt quick release racing harness
-Sparco 383 steering wheel w/ quick release
-4 new Toyo R888 tires mounted on 4 new 15X7 Roda wheels
-4 used Toyo R888 tires mounted on 4 nearly new 15X7 Roda wheels
-4 used RA1 tires mounted on 4 14X7 OEM wheels
-4 street wheels with good rubber
-Rear sides & back plexiglass windows
-new Wink mirror
-K&N air filter
-New clutch, radiator, hoses & belts—April 2008

Spares:
-new front & rear Hawk HT10 brake pads
-new hoses, belts & filters
-new front lip spoiler
-a few tools
-new E36 M3 shift lever and all bushings

Contact owner Jim Cissell 206-933-8642 or jim@voiceguy.com

Pro3 die hard

Hey, Michael! Good to hear from you. Jamie and I are addicted to Pro3 racing. Just considering upgrading to a car with a data acquisition system. You coming to the potluck Friday?
Jim C

Linda is coming. Good chance for the girls to get to know each other which might make it easier to get them hooked, as well.

What I mean by "I don't know about the Potluck" is that I really don't know about the Potluck. What and where is it?

PRO-3 Potluck to end the season.

This Friday, Nov. 27 from 6pm-9pm at Ray's Boathouse in Ballard. Eat at 7:00pm.

Assignments:
A-H - Entrée
I-M – Dessert
N-P – Appetizers
Q-Z - Salad

$10 per person to help cover room rental and other associated costs.

About 50 people attending.

An RSVP to Lance Richert is appreciated to help with planning. Lance@Richertnet.com

Back