1983 Porsche 944 - $1500/OBO

Bill Bonsell

I picked up this non-running 83 - 944 several months ago. It had sat for probably 6 years or so but had a ton of work done less than 5,000 miles ago, albeit, several years ago. My son and I have replaced the starter, clutch slave, rear calipers, fuel pump and filter, DME relay, spark plugs, oil and diff fluid. Car starts and runs very strong. I had an 85 and this is much quicker...can't confirm whether it has been chipped or not. Engine, tranny and clutch work as they should. Body is straight with just a few minor issues. Paint is fair. Glass is all good. Interior has been stripped less driver and passenger seats. Water pump will need replacing as it has a very small drip. Might as well do the timing belt at that time.

Car came with M220 factory limited slip option. Also, has the 15x7 and 15x8 factory Fuchs. The '83 was the lightest of the 944 and therefore the most desireable year for racing. Our intention was to turn this into a dedicated track car or prep it for chump racing. BUT, my son is moving to California for a year and renting out his house. So, no garage and no in house mechanic. I live in a condo.

Car is also posted on craiglist with pics. Come and drive it or I will trailer it to you within a reasonable distance. This 83 - 944 would make a great track/autox car or take it all the way to ITS race standard.

William Bonsell
360-621-1516

Back