Wow, these guys are EVERYwhere...

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
Did anyone notice, during the TV coverage of the Rolex 24, one of the stickers on the Dempsey Racing #41 (the "Team Seattle" car)? Just above the side numbers: "PRO3"

Sheesh...!

YES ! Noticed that. Don Kitch even did an interview pushing Team Seattles goals but, I don't think he was in the race this year :( The interview may have been from 2009 or 2010

Kitch's team took Dempsey to Le Mans with them...

Last edited:
I know the PRO3 group is a pretty selfless bunch when it comes to charitable donations and are not the kind to toot their own horns about it.

So I will!

The Pro3 sticker was a result of a last minute fund raiser for Team Seattle's reason for existence - Seattle Childrens Hospital. Our own Pro3 group managed to raise $5000 dollars when they learned that if they reached that goal there would be a matching donation from a private source. In the course of just a couple days they embraced that goal and made it happen. As a result, $10,000 goes to a worthy charity and the Pro3 banner flew proudly on a top ten car at Daytona in appreciation.

Congrats folks - we are all very proud of you!

Last edited:
I didn't see the race. There's no speed channel (or TV for that matter) here in Hana, HI. But the PRO3 group and ICSCC as a whole makes me happy to belong when the community comes through like this for a great cause.
It's not too late to give Team Seattle your support for Children's either.

Hana is off the beaten track thats for sure, but the drive is beautiful The USA Today may be last weeks though.

I was down there for the weekend and it was some awesome racing. Was really cool to see the PRO3 recognition and was surprised at how many folks from around the country came up to me (was wearing my PRO3 hat) and commented about the group and their success. Very cool stuff.

It's funny how things sometimes turn out. About 99% of the national recognition of our little PRO3 group is due to the efforts of Lance Richert. His work with national contingency sponsors like Toyo Tires, Bimmerworld, and the BMWCCA dovetails nicely with more regional sponsors like Proformance Driving Schools, and Griot's Garage to really create a name for us and Conference. "PRO3" is now recognized throughout the BMW community (worldwide) from the calendar being sent to representatives that Lance believes will spread the word about us. Magazine editors, National Club Presidents, potential sponsors, you name it!

PRO3 wouldn't exist without Conference and more specifically, PRO3 rules would not exist without the Conference rules format. Being one of the few (the only?) sanctioning body in the country who's rules are determined by the drivers is part and parcel to that success as well.

The donation aspect, whether for Doernbecher, Team Seattle, the workers fund, et al, is something that has just happened naturally and is not something that any of us set out to plan for.

Our group continues to grow with another dozen or so cars currently under construction so it should be fun to watch how PRO3 looks in another year, two years, or ???

As I've said before, whatever contribution you make to Conference, it will come back to you ten-fold. Guaranteed.

Mike, don't forget Elephant Motorsports and locally 425 Motorsports and Carb Conn.

Here's the Team Seattle car after the race. Thanks for keeping the racer tape off the PRO3 logo:

PRO3onMazda8.jpg

Photo by Scott Hieronymus

Speaking of Elephant MS, Hank and I spent some time with Jack and John back at the 24hour, and they are looking forward to coming out again this year and racing with us. Jack's even got something special cooking in the shocks department (can you say on the shelf spares?). Not only do they support us, but they listen to our input.

AST, BTW, is a Conti ST/GS Sponsor for 2011.

Dan

Did anyone notice, during the TV coverage of the Rolex 24, one of the stickers on the Dempsey Racing #41 (the "Team Seattle" car)? Just above the side numbers: "PRO3"

Sheesh...!

I was down there hanging out in their garage and saw the PRO3 sticker and started laughing. Awesome to see that 3000 miles away.

I think Dempsey took Kitch and team Seattle to LeMans Rich, but either way it was good for our town and Children's.

Back