working corners for historics?

I have done it before and then I was asked but find myself with time on Friday. I know generally this is a day they are short and thought I would volunteer. I would love to help but am not really interested in working in the paddock and such. If anybody has a contact for who to talk to let me know.
Thanks.

I have done it before and then I was asked but find myself with time on Friday. I know generally this is a day they are short and thought I would volunteer. I would love to help but am not really interested in working in the paddock and such. If anybody has a contact for who to talk to let me know.
Thanks.

Dan Wilkins is Cascade's flag chief, but I understand that Cathy Frasier will be covering for him on Friday. Just show up for the morning meeting at 7:30 am in the drag strip launch pad. Registration will probably be out in the parking lot on the right as you approach the main entrance.

Unless, of course you are speaking of working the Historic Races at Pacific Raceways this July 4th, weekend. I think that SOVERN is operating. Then you'll be all keyed up, and into the HMSA historics at PIR next weekend.

I am talking about this weekend at Pacific. All I could find from SOVREN was non-track type volunteer type. I did send an email but had not heard back. I figure they are pretty busy trying to get ready for the weekend. I know you have to be on the list before Friday or you can't get in the track without paying.

Richard Weixler <weixler@wavecable.com>

If that's who you emailed... He is/has been the Flagging chief for SOVERN, and if he isn't he knows who is. Either way, it's probably a fast track to "the list". Roxanne Vine is also in the know for those folks too. They (SOVERN) also have a Facebook page.

Personally, I'd recommend the "Stairway to Seven" (T6). But there's no 'bad' turn. Just busier ones.

I used the generic email from the website.

Thanks for the contact Ken. I just sent him an email.

I worked T6 at the double nats a few years ago. That is a fun place to watch from. I really want to work turn 5 and see if there is a better way for me to get through there...

Scott,

Less brake, more gas, hang on, and don't screw it up (t5). That simple. If you feel your gut knotting as a result performing the aformentioned instructions, you are doing well.

Scott,

ALWAYS good to be 'advance' signed up for the Historics. But you will be fine if you E-mail Rich Wexler (CoF for SOVREN).

Ward Betts 'usually' signs in the workers at the registration office then, the meeting is over by the drag strip snack bar unless it's not.. lol. Sometimes they have the meeting at a tent out front of Proformance Racing. ASK WARD when you sign in where the meeting is. GOOD thing about working this weekend is the 'exceptional' Salmon dinner Saturday night. Worth every minute you spend at the turn station.

I consider this my "made it" race weekend. Last year. week following 3 days at the Historics, I (unexpectidly) went in for a quad. bypass, heart valve replacment and stroked out in the process (paddled back). Prior to surgery what kept me going was GETTING back to a corner at the track and 'making' the 2011 Historics race.... Gonna do it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Scott,

ALWAYS good to be 'advance' signed up for the Historics. But you will be fine if you E-mail Rich Wexler (CoF for SOVREN).

Ward Betts 'usually' signs in the workers at the registration office then, the meeting is over by the drag strip snack bar unless it's not.. lol. Sometimes they have the meeting at a tent out front of Proformance Racing. ASK WARD when you sign in where the meeting is. GOOD thing about working this weekend is the 'exceptional' Salmon dinner Saturday night. Worth every minute you spend at the turn station.

>>Prior to surgery what kept me going was GETTING back to a corner at the track and 'making' the 2011 Historics race.... Gonna do it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:<<

Richard:

This is the second year I will miss the Historics. I would have loved to been there flagging with you and the rest of the fine folks there.

............ and YES!!! Getting up in the morning and ............... having a reason to get up in the morning it is the ultimate victory.

I am happy you "made it". I know how good that feels.

All the best;

J.C.

Back