What Is It?

racerx69

Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired
I have a question. Since I haven't been able to get out to the track(s) for a while I have been "racing" vicariously through the forum here and pictures that Gary Frechette and others have been putting up here and there.

So I was digging through some shots that Gary has up from the Conference race at Pacific Raceways in September of 2011, and an unusual looking car caught my eye. It does not have a make anywhere on it, and the modifications to the bodywork are somewhat dramatic, further making it difficult to distinguish.

So perhaps one of you can tell me about this car. It is red, white and blue, number 31, group 1, in Gary's page for September 24~25, 2011. It is image numbers 27, 49, 72, 109, etc.

What is it?

Looks like the Mazda R100 that has been racing around the NW for a while. Originally R100's had a 10a motor in them which has got to be a pretty rare piece these days. Wonder if that is what this one has?

On a mostly unrelated note and really only interesting to myself... My dad is on "race result" sheet on Tovio's driver profile page from 1985.

Yeah....unfortunately :)

Unfortunately?

Oh, come on!

As a curse, I can think of many things that are much worse. Enjoy it while you can.

As a toddler I was fiddling about while my dad was working on the family car. Somehow I got a cut and some motor oil got into it. From that point forward I was a Gearhead. Now when I get a cut I bleed oil, and when I sweat it smells like 110 octane fuel.

big-cheesy-grincopy.png

Back