Track record as a novice

Alex Pate

Hi I ran the novice open wheel at the mission labour daze race. I set the all time track record with a 1:06:082 what I'm wondering is as a novice does that record stand? The previous record at that teak was also set in an f1000 at 1:06:444 but was set in fl.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That's a good question. My view on it is... Since cars in the Novice class aren't technically required to meet the rules of the class they are intended to run in and the Novice Classes are simply "Closed wheel" or "Open Wheel", I can't see why the lap record would stand in the FL class. You didn't set it while running in that class and per rules of NovOW, were not required to meet the regs of that class.

I would say your time would/should stand in NovOW only. Sorry brother. Great time btw!

as i understand it, Alex im sorry but you should not hold the track record for the F1000 or FL because those are classes and as a NOW you are not classed but this is the TRACK RECORD and you should have that one, in my mind

Just come back a couple times and do it for real on your upgrade race ;)

Besides, looking at the video, I'd be surprised if you didn't get down into the low 1:05's with a few more sessions. What did your data say about a theoretical fastest lap?

Back