Tire Wall building

robjacobsen

The Pros From Dover
I'm probably spreading rumors, but I've heard rumors that the Grass Valley track is building tire walls and needs help. If you want to help build the tire walls that may make or break your weekend out there next year, I would suggest contacting Bill Murray or Mark Hanken. Power tools and generators are a must for this work. Large holes must be drilled into the sidewalls of the tires so they don't become a mesquito breeding ground and then they must be bolted together in whatever configuration they have chosen to use. It sounds like some folks will be working out there most of the weekends between now and the end of October. Got some time and want to help? Give them a call or drop them an email.

Rob,
Thanks for posting this.

Rob is correct, we are having work parties every weekend through October. If you are available to help, please contact Bill Murray or myself.

OREGON RACEWAY PARK

UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 3 / 4, 2009

Volunteers and staff continue work on assembling tire barriers, one of the big steps toward S.C.C.A. certification.

If you feel your life would be more complete with a day or two of hard dirty work, this may be just the opportunity you have been waiting for!

We are always grateful to have volunteers We will be working on site every Saturday and Sunday until November.

Hope you can join us.

Call or e-mail: Mark Hanken 503-799-4208 <markh@controlcontractors.com>;

or Bill Murray 503-358-2617 <mastermechanic05@comcast.net>;

As always you may forward this attachment without restriction.

An update from Bill.......

OREGON RACEWAY PARK
PHOTO UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 11TH 2009

Tire barrier construction continues this weekend!

If you are not running the Portlabd Enduro Saturday (or retire early) come up and help out with bolting tires. Volunteers are always welcome. We will be working Sunday too. Unscheduled arrival? No problem. There is a radio call box left at the gate to let you in.

Drill motors, impact wrenches, (air or electric) extensions, 1/2 & 7/16 sockets, generators, compressors and layered clothing works best. Bring what you can, we can probably provide what you don't have.

You can camp on site Saturday night. The nights get cold but the stars are beautiful. Come help build a Race Track!

Can't make this weekend? We will be working every weekend in October. We look forward to seeing you!

As always you may forward this update without restriction.

Bill Murray,
503-238-8877

Posting this for Bill.

This weekend we will again be working both Saturday and Sunday, drilling and bolting tire barriers on site at O.R.P.

Coludy Saturday, 30 % chance of rain on Sunday only (never lasts long). Highs in upper 50's lows in upper 30's. H.D. hand drills and impact wrenches, 1/2 inch drive sockets and extentions. Camping Friday and Saturday evenng.

Join us for one or both days if you can.

Use the radio at the gate (chanel 5) for access.

Lunch is on me, call so I can get a head count.Thanks for all the help, together we are getin er dun!

Bill Murray

503-358-2617

Back