Things to do in Grass Valley when you're (NOT) dead..

djjerme

I posted this question already to the PRO3 group, but I can use any input from those that have had to ponder similar situations..

Here's the deal, I really want my wife and dog to come with me to ORP this weekend. For one, I feel bad bailing on them the whole weekend, and two I like having them involved with my hobbies. But, I would feel guilty if she has to spend the whole time sitting around waiting for me to get on track, and then sit around talking about cars the whole time..

So, I am looking for things for her to do during the down time, and since I have never done the double race weekend at ORP, I am not sure what to expect..

Some things she likes to do is running/jogging, camping, hiking, nature stuff, talking to people about business and cooking, and play with the dog. I am also counting on the wireless being connected so that she can work on some of her school work for her Master's Program. There is also the Memorial Celebration going on in Wasco, and they are doing a fun run 5K/10K/15K on Sunday AM. So if that interests her, she can jut take my truck up there.. I may also back our bikes in case we decide to go for a ride.

I was also thinking that if Carlo (and others) are interested, we could do an early morning jog around the track each day to get started..

Plus, I am wanting her to help me make a short documentary about my weekend of finishing the Novice races, and perhaps my first Area race using our camera's and my car camera so I can get used to using Sony Vegas..

Any thoughts? I guess I am also looking for some feedback from other wives as well, is there enough to do on these weekends to keep her entertained, or should I just not worry about it?

I can't reply for TC but maybe they could use help in registration Friday or Saturday or possibly somewhere else for short amounts of time.
Sometimes it is possible to get a ride in the pace car if they need more help.
Just ask TC where they could use some help and I am sure they could keep her as busy as she wants to be.

Today it works, good!

"I really want my wife and dog to come with me to ORP this weekend"
IMHO - that's a really good thing.

"I am also counting on the wireless being connected "
I do not know about that?
Last year our particular service did not connect.

"I am also looking for some feedback"

There are a lot of things to do, in no particular order:
Sit beside you,
1- reading a book (or whatever).
2- watching wheat grow & wind blow.
3- Talk with you about life, liberty & pursuit of joy.
Walk with you through the paddock area visiting,
(There are a lot of very interesting, and very good to know
people in ICSCC!!)

Something near and dear to my heart might be, go to Drivers Services,
or specificly seriously good helpful person Linda Blackburn, and offer
to help them 1 or 1 1/2 , or 2 hours each day (still plenty of time to
help you with car & with camera!)

Visit Maryhill Museum? It's not in Grass Valley, but it's only about 40 minutes away across the Columbia in Washington.
I have never been there, but it supposed to be VERY cool.

Fly fishing on the Deschutes river. Pretty limited audience there though. (maybe that's just what I wish I had time to do this weekend..)

Couldn't convince her, so it will just be me. But thanks for the ideas! Think it will be an easier sell on the next ORP race where it's only 2 days instead of 3 or 4.

@Ryan, she actually used to fish with her mom all the time when she was young (her mom grew up in Mi-ni-sow-da.)

See ya all Friday!

Back