The Off-Season is Over!!! Lap Attack this Sunday (Feb 13) at Pacific Grand Prix!

mikecolangelo

I know everyone is itching to hit the track. And now that football season is over, what to do on a Sunday?

Well, Pacific Grand Prix (at Pacific Raceways) is having a Lap Attack for cars (street and race cars) on the big kart track. I've never driven it but I just signed up to compete. It should be fun. Who else is attending?

I'll be there in my blue #137 CRX ITA/H4 car.

I know everyone is itching to hit the track. And now that football season is over, what to do on a Sunday?

I'll be there in my blue #137 CRX ITA/H4 car.

Awesome!

We will be there with the Civic and Integra. There will be lots of track time available so be sure to bring plenty of gas.

See you guys there! It'll be fun.

I'll be rolling on street tires (Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs) since they are my only good (and mounted) rain tires at this time.

And if you guys with the cars not ready/in pieces are up for it, you're welcome to co-drive my car. I don't think there'll be a problem with sharing a car.

Last edited:
Shaved RA1s work well in the wet there as long as no standing water is present. The surface has a lot of grip wet or dry.

How was it??

Well, as it turned out, I had car problems and couldn't get my car out yesterday. So I watched instead. Colin K. was spectating, too.

Roldan and his friend John were putting down some good times and both podiumed in their class (2nd and 3rd, I think).

Looked like alot of fun!

I would have preferred more rain;) I think I'll work to correct the dry surface oscillation while cornering.

I can't wait... It's very very rough to be a spectator when I know I have the car in the garage... I get my shocks back soon and I am heading into the garage now to put the primer on my new (used) body panels.

There is a Lapping Day at PGP for $100/full day on March 9th (WED) and another LAP ATTACK on March 13th (SUN).

I think I'm going to do the Lapping Day because the sessions are longer and we get to run all day. It will get me a good chance to do some suspension tweaking and get some good tire temps with a pyrometer.

I just registered for the March 9th lapping day and I might do the March 13th Time attack. Mike and Roldan... will you be joining?

It's the 13th??? I totally forgot about that. Maybe. I might be racing at PIR that weekend but it's not a sure thing.

I'll be there for the lap attack. In the past there has been nearly as much track time available as a lapping day.

I'm not signed up for the 13th but I might change my mind. It depends on what I can achieve on the 9th in terms of figuring the car out.

@Roldan: What was your fast lap time again? 1:17 or 1:16?

Yep, 1:17 in the regular direction and a very high 1:16 the other way. I'm hoping we can go a little faster without the bouncing.

Mike and Roldan: Crappy weather scheduled for tomorrow but I'm putting on the rain tires and going down. Hope to see you guys there.

Back