Team Conti vs. Cascade Sports Car Club

GGilmor

I live in Portland and I am wondering if anyone can comment on the differences between these two groups.

Since I have to join one of them to race with Conference so does it really matter?
Thanks

I live in Portland and I am wondering if anyone can comment on the differences between these two groups.

Since I have to join one of them to race with Conference so does it really matter?
Thanks

The difference is:
CSCC home track is PIR and TC home track is ORP.

Both clubs have great Drivers Training programs.

I am a TC member.

John Rissberger
# 10 Camaro Oregon

Last edited:
Isn't CSCC also significantly larger than TC? If true, and depending upon your perspective, that could be either a positive or negative. CSCC also sponsors quite a few non-road-course events.

(I'm not a member of either.)

I've been an active member of both clubs, off and on for 20-25 years, and all said and done, they really share the same goals. To provide motorsports events, with social fellowship enterlaced.

http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/

Cascade General Meetings are held on the first Saturday of each month at 8:00 pm at the Stark Street Pizza Company, SE 92nd and Stark, Portland, Oregon. Guests are always welcome.

That means that the first meeting for 2010 is in two days. Check it out. Kids welcome.

CSCC also supports a Friday Nighter TSD Road Rallye season kicking off with a School/rallye towards the end of February and then once a month with a couple of 'special' events like "Mountains to the Sea" and the "Ghoul's Gambol" .

Good stuff there.

http://www.teamcontinental.com/

Mostly geared toward Road racing/ Driver trainings with some social events scattered through on the occasional whim. We played at the SyKarts in Tigard, one evening this year, just for an example.

Team Continental will have their next meeting at their annual Banquet/Mtg, Jan 15-16-17, 2010, in Newport, OR. Otherwise it is the third Wednesday evening of each month, currently at Mars Chinese Kitchen at Delta Park. Check the website for more details. Not particularly child friendly, but to my knowledge, no children have actually been eaten.

Check them both out.

Other than the few $ saved at their individual events as a respective member, it's really the people, not the club, that make all the differences.

Last edited:
As the upcoming communications director for TC, the only thing that really sets us apart is the events. Tc really only does Road racing events where CSCC does some road rally stuff and racing. TC has always been known for putting on some of the best events in confrence. And now that we will be trying to hold more then just one event, our group can do nothing but grow. Plus you wont find a better group of people. Either way i think you will be pleased.

Jeff, I agree with you that TC is a top notch club. So is Cascade. Cascade does things a bit differently than TC does. I was a TC member and switched to Cascade just because I felt more comfortable in CSCC. No other reason. You all are a bunch of outstanding people. The important thing to keep in mind for any Club who is part of ICSCC is that we should not compete against each other for memebrship, rather we should refer folks to each other. I would much rather a CSCC member join TC if they do not feel that CSCC is what they are looking for than that person drop roadracing totally and go do something silly like drag racing. Working colaberatively we can be better than on our own.

Here is to both clubs!!!!

like I said before you wont be disappointed with either club. Both are great and a lot of fun to be a part of.

ps Kyle is the man:D

Both clubs are good, I enjoy Cascade events. I think it comes down to personal preference really, and a lot of times which Club your friends belong to before you join.

Cascade is a fun club, but for me Team Continental is family. Certainly you'd be welcome at both Clubs meetings so you could check out the "feel" for yourself.

Kyle,
Can you please expand a little more on why you switched to CSCC?

Were you uncomfortable with TC?

Thanks, Steve

Last time I checked you had to get three sponsor signatures to join team continental. When I first started racing I knew no one in any of the clubs really so trying to search out three people to sign my form seemed a little ridiculous. That was a while ago so maybe that has changed. That all being said there are great members in all of the clubs and all of the clubs share the same common goals.

You still have to get three signitures but thats really no big deal as anyone in our club would be more then glad to sign for you. We always love to get new members.

Steve, There is no hidden secret or really a good reason that I can give but that I like CSCC better. Holley described TC as feeling more like family and that is what CSCC is to me. I can not think of one person in TC that ever rubbed me the wrong way or treated me poorly. That is the beauty of Conference vs some other organizations.

I'd buy any of ya's a beer anytime

the signatures are not as important as how well you "Do the Hokie Pokie" or stand on one leg while raising the other!!!;)

TC's three signature process is an old (Guard) By-law, and a mere formality thing. At least the Gen. Members know that an applicant has actually talked to a TC Member at some point without being scared away. And when the dues check clears everybody's happy.

Once upon a time, clubs were much more concerned with their character(s) than today.

Back