TC's Special

jeffhanken

TC would like to introduce our special interest packages. Please check out the flyer attached. Its a great deal.

Ken is correct. This not an entry, this is simply a credit. Read how you will but we are not breaking any rules. You dont enter until you go to motorsports reg. Thats the entry part.

Hypothetical;

Person sends payment for "All The Racing You Can Stand". Incidentally, I'm not sure that's possible in my case, but anyway...

Person then enters race on motorsports reg. Person travels to ORP for TC race, and for whatever reason they can't pass tech, and the issue cannot be resolved in time to race.

What then?

The flyer only considers the 2010 season, in it's wording, and really that is all that is available to offer at present. But I don't see any expiration date on the flyer.

So they have the ever so Special Enticement Registrar for just such an occasion.

How transferable is it?

transfer is up to the race chair. He will do this on a case by case option. If you reason is not accepted, then there will be no carry over. Think of it as a season ski pass. Ski once and break you leg, you loose out, but if you get your moneys werth then it was a good investment and you saved a good chunk of money.

Setting aside the question of propriety, and focusing on the value proposition;

-What is the regular, non-discounted TC race group entry fee?
-What is the regular, non-discounted TC addt'l group entry fee?
-Do group 4 TC school entries constitute a "class"?
-What is the defined acceptable criteria that will be the basis for the transferability decision by the race chair? Is failing to complete tech, for instance?
-What is the transfer window? Within the 2010 season? Carry over to 2011 if the race in question is the last race of the season? etc...?

Actually, the PDF poster states that the savings is in the range of 16% to 20% depending upon what you choose to do.

On the other hand, it also states in bold type that this (entry) fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.

But I do have a question:

As the point of something like this is to entice early entry's and NOT lose money, WHERE will TC 'invest' these early fees to make better then 16% to 20% income off of the advanced revenue???

Although it seems like a good deal for the racers (assuming you make the dates), it doesn't look good for the club unless there are non shows and they keep the advance payments.

As all of these events are at ORP, it may be a 1st season effort to assure a good turnout. And that is a worthy goal!

Refund for you Entry

This is Per Race Chairman Steve Leonard:

Greetings fellow ICSCC racers I apologize for any inconvenience but TC established a refund policy when the "Special Enticement" offer was drafted. The NO REFUND statement was my mistake.

As will be published with the race announcement:

"Please mail check or money order to: TC Race Registrar. TC will cash your check upon receipt. If an entrant cannot participate in 1 or more events TC will apply their credit at the regular entry price(s) and any resultant refund will be processed in compliance with ICSCC comp reg. 608A/608B"

The intent of this generous offer is to generate operating capital as TC brings this fantastic new track to the ICSCC schedule while providing our customers, you the drivers a great value.

You will see in the schedule that all senior race groups have 100 minutes of track time!

Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing all of you at ORP.

Jeff,

Thank you for this clarification and admendment.

I applaud TC's thinking outside the box and offering this special. I hope it works well for you and if it does (and you are willing to share the data) it could be a benefitial program for all the Clubs to do.

Great job and good luck!!

Kyle

Back