Spokane County Raceway NON in car video footage needed

roadsterx

Hey All,
NWMS is working on a new Club video project, and needs NON in car video of the races at SCR or SRP
as we use to know it. I was able to track down some of the local news video clips, but it would be nice to have some taken by spectators , crew or family members. They can use footage of races at other tracks, but I think Spokane footage would probably be used first.

They have plenty of in car video, so only video from sources from around the track is needed.

They are having the people who put this together for the local autocross club working on the project.

http://www.autosportsnorthwest.org/video.php

Mike

In Car Video

If you follow the link in signature you will find almost 30 mins of video from my in car camera (sound sucks) from last years BMW only race at Spokane.
Feel free to use it any way you might need to if you find it useful.

I do believe I have some NON in-car footage around here, but it is probably from quite awhile ago Mike. If I locate it I will contact you.

Wes

You mean there are people who actually do NOT race?? Never thought I'd ever hear that. Must be a left-over from the Bush administration.

And if Obama keeps going none of us will be be able to afford to race. I did some footage long ago of the paddock area and hot pits with a few cars and people around, probably because I had a new video camera and wanted to play with it. Unfortunately my little box of tapes is not to be found. I looked really hard yesterday, but no cigar.

Thanks guys !!

Wes, you are experiencing what others have :) ... I am hoping we get lucky and find someone who had some footage from at least the turn 4,5, 6
section. I doubt we will find any from 1,2,3 due to how hard it is to get to that area during a race. The file tape I have found from the local News
agencies are from the grandstands, or turns 8 through 10. I realize that events have been held at SCR by IRDC , TC and now NWMS.

Stupid Driver

Duh....If I r_e_a_d it really s_l_o_w it makes sense now. Where is the "facepalm" emote?
Sigh being a driver/owner/builder/crew is using ALL of my brain cells.:redface:

And if Obama keeps going none of us will be be able to afford to race.....

Right ON, Wes. Gasoline prices are slowly creeping up, again. My basic household food expense as almost doubled in the last 3 years (another slow creep). Natural gas/electricity up about 30% in 2 years. Only thing that HASN'T gone up is my ROD and SCCA memberships!! Hooraah!!

And sadly, Jeff's so worried about the construction trades future he "may" just take the whole year off from racing and put $$ in the bank.. sigh :( Just being way too sensible

Scott,

Don't feel bad. I had to focus all of my 'gray power' to understand what was being asked. Would have been easier for me if they had said "track side video" :)

Last edited:
Construction, gotta love it. I did 1.2 mil in sales over the last 2 years in commercial flooring, but so far with 9 weeks gone in this new year I have nothing on the books. None of my crews are working, and what little there is to bid out there is being pounced on by dozens in each sub trade.
I can't with a clear conscious take a whole year off, it just isn't in my DNA. But, doing the entire season just 2 years ago seems like a distant memory, and if things don't change drastically I doubt I'll ever do that again. Only been able to do that 3 times in 36 years, and I would love to go again, but we'll have to wait and see.
NON in-car Scott, as in the reverse of in-car. I realize it's a rather foreign concept for a racer, but people actually still do that!

Back