Special JTC race at Mission!

rsracer

Yes its True! with the popularity of the Japanese touring car race in Seattle, the SCCBC has decided to run one of its own on the June 18-19 weekend at Mission.
see the notice on the SCCBC web page www.sccbc.net .
Sponsored by Krangle automotive.trophies and or prize money TBA.

RS

If you notice, the Japanese challenge race comes right AFTER the Group 2 race, which probably has more Japanese cars than any other run group. I have contacted the powers to be and there simply is not anything they can do regarding the scheduling since any special race must be the last event of the day per current Conference rules. It means the special race will be gridded as the Group 2 cars are exiting. Not sure that will work for me......too bad, I loved the event at Pacific last year.

With our club races, our race chairman will allow for drivers in back to back groups that may need to quickly fuel their cars or for driver changes by allowing them to take their grid positions after the five minute warning and having a loooooong five.
Hopefully the conference steward would be able to make the same accommodations.

RS

That one's easy! CR 707 states that if a driver is registered in back-to-back races, they're allowed to be late the grid without losing their qualifying position, as long as they make it before the 1 minute warning. We actually had two cars need to do that at the last race, so it does happen, and we know what to do. Since we know we've got a challenge, I'm sure SCCBC would agree with me that we'll do everything possible to make sure it works for racers that want to run Group 2 and the Special.

Can't wait to see a Godzilla vs. Mothra rematch!

Last edited:
All of the championship points races are done. ICSCC protocols have been satisfied (703.F), so really, the RChair can start his special events' pace lap whenever he decides to tell Base Comm. It's an SCCBC show. Give 'em 10, and have driver announcements for all its fun.

Back